15

Half way to Midvale everyone begins feeling the pains of hunger coming from their stomachs. "There's a diner just up a head we can stop there and get lunch." Kara suggests. "What do they serve there?" Ruby asks. "Just about everything really, they do make a very good chocolate milkshake though." Alex replies. Soon Lena is pulling into the parking lot of the diner and everyone is getting out of the car. "Ok! Let's go get some lunch!" Kara exclaims as the five of them walk into the diner together.

The waitress greets the group as they take their seats at a large table and asks for their drink orders. Once that's done everyone takes a moment to look over the menu. "What's the Danvers's special?" Lena asked eyeing her girlfriend. "It's something Al and I created when we were coming back from college one summer. It's a large sandwich with two hamburger patties, and a chicken breast in the middle, with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles. It came about because we woke up late and forgot to eat breakfast so when we got here we were really really hungry. I got two chicken sandwiches, Alex got two burgers and at the end we decided to put them both together and split it." Kara explained.

"You miss breakfast? I can't believe it!" Lena teased. "It was one time!" Kara groaned. "So? Does everyone know what they want?" Sam asked. "Yes!" Everyone chorused in. After placing their orders everyone fell into a nice conversation together discussing what there was to do in Midvale besides going to the lake. "Uh..well I thought I'd take Lee on a hike one day. You all can come along too if you want." Kara stated. "Yea...ok that sounds like fun." Sam replies. "If you rather, I can take you to the lake that day." Alex suggested. "Yea mom! Can we go to the lake with Alex...instead of hiking with aunt Lena and Kara?" Ruby asks. "Of course we can." Sam replies with a smile.