20

After the movie ended everyone headed off upstairs to their rooms for the next couple of days. Lena and Kara took one room while Alex took her and Kara's old room leaving Sam and Ruby to take the extra spare bedroom at the end of the hall. As Lena and Kara lay in bed they began talking about how Sam and Alex couldn't stop sharing looks at one another during dinner. "You think they'll get together?" Kara asked. "Oh...I'd almost bet on it. If I know Sam she'll try to make her move before the end of the vacation." Lena replied. "I hope so! It's been rough on Alex since Maggie left." Kara replied. "I bet. But Alex and Sam to get along just fine, and Ruby likes her so that's a major plus." Lena stated as she lay her head on Kara's chest. "You sleepy Lee?" Kara whispered. "Mmhmm...." Lena mumbled. "Good night Lee." Kara whispered. "Good night Kara..." Lena whispered before falling asleep.

Meanwhile in Alex's room she was restless so she tiptoed downstairs to get something to calm her nerves. However her footsteps woke up Sam as she passed by her door. Sam slowly got out of the bed she was in with her daughter and followed Alex downstairs at a distance so as not to scare the redhead. Alex sat at the table drinking a glass of dark liquor thinking to herself when Sam came into the kitchen. "Hey!" Sam whispered causing Alex to jump up. "Sam! You scared me!" Alex replied. "Sorry...I heard you come downstairs so I figured I'd join you...I mean since we both can't sleep." Sam replied. "Yea...want a drink?" Alex asked. "Sure!" Sam replied as she took the seat next to Alex.

The two of them drank their drinks and made small talk. "Sorry to hear about Maggie...I know I've said it before but I mean it. She didn't deserve you Alex." Sam says as she reaches out and touches her arm. Swallowing hard Alex looks at Sam before swallowing the rest of her drink. Brown eyes met hazel ones as they stared at each other both women barely breathing as Sam's hand moved up Alex's arm feeling the muscles underneath her pajamas. Alex's breath hitched in her throat as she found herself leaning into Sam.

The closer they got to each other the faster their hearts began to race inside their chests. Sam's eyes fluttered shut as Alex closed the gap between them pressing her lips to Sam's.