17

Everyone at the dinner table burst out in laughter as Kara wrapped up the story. "I can't believe you two did that to him! Priceless!" Lena exclaimed. "Well he obviously deserved it! I mean no one in their right mind would do that." Sam added. "I agree mom. That was low of him." Ruby stated. "Yes it was, that's why we made him pay for his actions." Alex added smiling at the twelve year old.

"So Lena? Kara tells me you're working on some new technology at L Corp?" Eliza asks changing the subject. "Oh yes! I'm currently working on a new nanotechnology that can be used in military uniforms." Lena says covering the fact that the new technology is actually for Kara's suit. "Oh? That's very interesting. You should know I've been reading the articles on you ever since you and Kara began seeing each other, just so I would know what as Kara puts it 'the most incredible woman in the universe' is up to." Eliza explains causing both Kara and Lena to blush. "Most incredible woman? Well...looks like I've got some catching up to do as your CFO." Sam teased. "Oh don't worry Sam. You're just as incredible." Lena stated.

After dinner Lena and Sam both offered to help Eliza with the dishes however Eliza told them to head to the living room and instead asked Ruby if she'd help. Ruby was happy to help the Danvers's matriarch especially since she dint have a grandmother figure of her own. So the four adults headed into the living room and sitting together on the couch with Lena and Kara at one end and Sam and Alex sat awkwardly together avoiding touching at all costs.

"So? What would you all like to watch? Usually when we come up here we watch a movie every night, although sometimes its two or three movies. Lena anything you'd like to watch?" Kara asked. "Uh...I'm ok with whatever. I don't watch a lot of movies." Lena replied. "Sam? Alex? Anything you want to watch?" Kara asked. "What do you have?" Sam asked. "Anything and everything! Alex and I collected movies when we were younger. So pick anything and Alex can get it started." Kara replied. "How about we watch Ruby's favorite? Harry Potter?" Sam suggests. "Ok! Works for me! Al you wanna get it since you're closer to the movie shelf?" Kara suggests. Alex doesn't respond. Instead she gets up off the sofa and walks over to the wall of movies and looks for Harry Potter. All the while Sam's eyes are locked onto the red head's backside.