28

Their little vacation to Midvale was coming to an end and soon everyone would be headed back into the hustle and bustle of National City. Today was their last morning with Eliza so they were gonna make the most of it by hanging out with the Danvers matriarch. "So? I've seen you and Sam have gotten together, officially." Eliza stated over breakfast. "Uh...yeah...it happens the other night. You like her don't you mom?" Alex asked. "Of course darling! Sam and Ruby are wonderful and I look forward to calling them family one day." Eliza added with a smile. "What do you think of Lena?" Alex asked avoiding the statement her mother just made.

"Lena is a brilliant young woman. A definite keeper for Kara, and I can't wait to call her family one day either." Eliza replied just as the four of them walked into the kitchen. "What are you guys talking about?" Kara asked. "Nothings dear, come take a seat and eat. It's a long drive back to the city. Lena, Sam, Ruby, I hope you've all enjoyed your time here. I know I've enjoyed having you here. I also look forward to you all coming back for visits in the future." Eliza replied. "Can we really come back?" Ruby asked. "Of course you can sweetie! You're always welcome here!" Eliza said reassuring the young girl.

After everyone had a filling breakfast they loaded their things into the suv they all took turns to hug Eliza. "Come visit us won't you? You can stay at our place if you like." Lena added with a smile. "I'll think about it Lena dear, like I told Alex before you all came downstairs I look forward to seeing you, Sam and Ruby become part of the family one day....no rush however." Eliza said teasingly. Lena didn't know how to respond. No one in her life has ever been this nice to her, it was something she would definitely get used to because she didn't have any plans to leave Kara's life. "Thank you Eliza! I'll make sure Kara lets you know we made it home safely." Lena added as she got into the suv.