The Black Crow

Some black birds land on the zaap portal as it activates, Dally coming out first with Rubilax looking more lava like as a sword as Dally patrols the portal. Then Ruel comes out, who stumbles. Amalia, Eva, Az, and Midnight walk out next, looking calm, and then Y/N and Yugo come out of the portal, launching themselves through it.They stumble and roll, landing on their butts as their hats cover their eyes. The crows laugh at them, and Y/N gives them an unamused look as Midnight tries to scratch one of the crows, causing them to fly away.

Ruel, brushing himself off: It's exciting, the first time you take a Zaap portal, eh? Of course, I do it all the time.

Dally: Oh, stop telling another one of your tall tales. You fell flat on your face when you arrived 'cos I saw you. You just got up quickly!

Y/N snickers and stands up, helping Yugo stand up as well. Midnight walks over and hops on Yugo's shoulders as Az lands on Y/N's shoulder. The two smile at their animal companions. Dally laughs at Ruel, who turns around to face him.

Ruel: I slipped! And you might show a little more respect for your elders, boy!

Yugo: Don't worry, Ruel. We slipped as well!

Y/N: People slip all the time! It's no big deal!

Eva: Stop behaving like kids! If we want to reach Oma, it's in our best interests to get along and stick together.

Amalia: You're right Eva, we didn't start on an adventure to end up bickering like some spoiled princesses.

Yugo, grabbing Y/N's hand and pointing in a direction: Right, how about we visit Kelba Market, huh?

Y/N: It'll be fun and we can find a map there!

Yugo, running: Last one there's a mangy Gobball!

Y/N grins and runs after him, using portals to catch up as Yugo does the same. The others sigh and catch up to them after Yugo and Y/N finish their impromptu race, with Yugo winning by a hair. Yugo then runs off as Y/N explores another part of the market, coming across an osmodias merchant selling weapons. As Y/N looked at the stocks, the merchant chuckled.

Osmodius Merchant: Aren't you a little bit young to be looking at weapons, little lady?

Y/N: Maybe...but it doesn't hurt to look!

Osmodius Merchant: Well, that is fair and true....but I suggest going back to your group before they start worrying about you. This market may be small, but it is easy to get lost in, especially if you're small.

Y/N, nodding: alright. Thank you mister!

Osmodius Merchant: anytime! Feel free to come back!

Y/N nods and runs back to Yugo and the rest, who are talking to an Enutrof merchant. Yugo glances at Y/N, who is paying attention to the merchant speaking, and gently grabs their hand, now holding it. Y/N smiles softly and gently squeezes his hand, causing him to smile softly. Amalia starts to laugh, and another, more darker laughter joins in.

Y/N: Amalia was that you?

Yugo: It sounded like a Bwork!

Dally: Not very classy for a gentle maiden!

Amalia: But it wasn't me!

Enutrof Merchant: It was him! The Black Crow!

The shopkeepers then close up their own shops as a figure on a mechanical crow laughs and flies above them on darkened wings.

Yugo: Black Crow?

Y/N: we gotta help the merchants somehow...

Yugo nods and runs off, with Y/N squeaking in surprise and following closely behind as multiple merchants squeak in shock. The Black Crow then proceeds to start destroying the merchant shops, as Yugo and Y/N stop next to the group. Y/N covers their eyes to shield them from the dust as the Black Crow approaches them. Yugo manages to react quickly and yanks Y/N out of the way as a line of smoke, dust, and debris shoots up from where Y/N once was, both of them now laying on the ground.