A Nightmare

A/N: ngl, this was kinda a vent chapter, so enjoy!

The gang was resting in a forest near a mountain, having set up camp. A campfire was set up, the embers slowly dying as the moon was high in the sky. The two eliatropes were sleeping next to each other, their hands intertwined as they cuddled in their sleep, while the rest of the gang was asleep against different trees, but still nearby. The bushes rustle slightly, and before our heroes have any time to react, they are forced into their minds, experiencing their worst nightmares as the two rogues, a huppermage and foggernaut, watch them. Y/N's hat ears lowered as they curled into a ball.

~~in Y/N's mind~~

Y/N looked around, wondering why their dream changed and why they were here. It looked like the world of twelve....but different somehow. They saw people like them, but older and they were with dragons? Why did they have dragons with them? Y/N went to talk to them, but none responded, not being able to hear the young future queen. Y/N goes to touch one of their shoulders, but their hand just goes through the older eliatropes shoulder. Y/N furrowed their eyebrows, and started to walk around to see where they were, not considering it might be a when. Y/N wandered around for abit, ending up in a nearby forest.

Y/N, under their breath: where am I....? It feels...familiar somehow, but why? Have I been here before...?

Y/N shakes off the eerie feeling following them and keeps walking, stumbling upon an eliatrope that looks like an older version of them, and they had kids. Y.N suddenly hears screams, and looks around, startled. Y/N gasps in fear and horror upon seeing the red sky and smoke coming from where they just came from. Hearing babies start to cry, they look back at their older version and the babies, seeing them desperately trying to calm down their kids. Y/N goes to move, but can't. They try to speak, but can't.

Y/N, internally: I-I don't understand....W-why can't I move? Why am I here? Why can't I speak?

No one answers their thoughts as a giant step is heard, coming closer towards the area they are at. The older Y/N looks devastated as they try to hide their kids, but it's too late. A giant mechanism approaches them, their cannons at the ready.

Older Y/N, sobbing: Please....Don't take my kids away....They did nothing wrong....take me instead....

The mechanism beeps and aims their cannon at the elders chest, shooting them at point blank range as they fall to the ground, dead. The children hear this and start to cry, wondering why their mothers wakfu suddenly left the world. The mechanism then turns to the children, and Y/N gets a sinking feeling in their gut as tears start to roll down their face. The mechanism powers up their cannon and points it at the crying children as Y/N tries desperately to move, wanting to save the tiny lives in front of them ... .but it's too late, and the mechanism shoots the children, killing them instantly. The mechanism goes to walk away to it's next destination as a blood curdling scream rips out of Y/N's mouth...and another joins in as Yugo is suddenly next to them and an older looking Yugo, as well as a white and blue dragon, appears, their eyes filled with sorrow and rage as they see the dead bodies of their spouse and children. The older Yugo and dragon roar and charge at the mechanism, their attacks charged and ready as the present Yugo and Y/N are there, watching as they are not allowed to move or speak. Y/N is shaking and crying, their legs feeling like jelly as Yugo looks angry, his fists clenched....but he also looks sad.

Older Yugo: YOU MONSTER! I'LL KILL YOU FOR KILLING OUR SPOUSE AND CHILDREN!

The Dragon, roaring: HOW DARE YOU KILL OUR SPOUSE AND KIDS?! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!

The mechanism beeps and charges their cannon, before it is brutally ripped off by the dragon as the older Yugo sends various portal blasts at the mechanism at its weak parts. The mechanism beeps in pain, but older Yugo and the dragon do not let up their attacks, sending fire blasts and portal blasts repeatedly to the mechanism, causing the mechanism to go down on one knee, the metal on its body starting to melt. The dragon used his strong jaws and ripped the mechanism's head off the body, the mechanism falling limp as older Yugo, for good measure, sending a portal blast at the heart of the mechanism, making sure its dead. The dragon drops the head and looks at older y/n's and the children's bodies mournfully. Older Yugo looks at the bodies as well, tears rolling down his face as he collapses to his knees and mourns the loss of his partner and children. The dragon nuzzles older Yugo, trying to comfort him as tears fall down his own face. Suddenly, you and present Yugo are allowed to move and you immediately collapse on your knees, sobbing and your mind unable to comprehend what you just saw and witnessed. Yugo isn't much better, but he manages to kneel down next to you and hugs you close, tears falling down his face. The leaves above you and Yugo suddenly rustle and you both look up, seeing something white and blue, before the area disappears around you, sending the white and blue dragon back to Oma, but leaving Y/N and Yugo in the blackness of their minds. Y/N isn't able to speak as their own tears and cries drown out any words that try to come out.