A full moon

Alpha Fang kept on digging, creating a bug hole as Y/N looked on in curiosity and Lycan looked on in concern because there should not be dofus in the ground. Y/N then looked up at Lycan, their hat ear twitching.

Y/N: Sir, why are there eggs in the ground?

Lucan, sighing heavily: Those eggs are called dofus. They are dragon eggs. In past times, when the eliatrope people were thriving, the dofus had a dragon twin and an eliatrope twin inside....the bond between eliatrope and dragon is extremely hard to break, but it can be done if the circumstances are right.

Alpha Fang, barking: Sir! I found them!

Lycan: Can you bring them up, or do you want us to come down?

Alpha Fang: Better for you two to see for yourself!

Lycan nods and picks up Y/N, who squeaks in surprise, and jumps down the hole, landing next to Alpha Fang. Y/N looks down into the hole, spotting two dofus. The first dofus was an almond like color with blue-ish purple swirls at each 'corner' of the egg. The second dofus was a dirt like color with the same blue-ish purple color, but with lightning bolts going in a circle instead of being on the 'corners'. You tilted your head and then squeaked in surprise when Lucan set you down on the ground. Your own curiosity caused you to approach the two dofus, who almost seemed to glow in your presence. You leaned down and picked both of them up, looking at Lycan in curiosity.

(I drew that using a trace, Wattpad was being kinda stupid uploading it the first time, so you get the screenshot)

Y/N: Now what?

Lycan: Well...now we wait. They have to hatch, but we can watch them to make sure they are healthy...but I do wonder how they got in the burial ground in the first place...

Y/N: maybe someone put them there?

Alpha Fang: It's possible sir.

Lycan, nodding: I know. I will have more grim patrol the burial ground, as well as our own territory. Now Alpha Fang, you go find the little king and bring him here so I can heal him. I will watch over the little queen and the two dofus.

Alpha Fang, nodding and bowing: Of course sir. But what about the group they were traveling with?

Lycan: The two eliatropes will be fine without them for a while.

Alpha Fang nods and runs off to find Yugo, while Lycan brings you to the room Alpha Fang brought you to earlier, which was the throne room. Lycan sits on his throne, while you sit nearby, hidden in the shadows somewhat, but still visible. Lycan seems vaguely amused because you are still holding the dofus. Lycan hums softly, and glances over.

Lycan: I have seen your adventures, using my grim as spies to make sure you and the little king are safe. That was part of the deal me and Grougaloragran made.