A story of the beginning

Our group of heroes were camping in a forest for the night, having set up camp. Yugo and Y/N were sitting next to each other against a tree, Az was resting on Midnight's back, and the other four were resting against their own trees. Dally then has a thought and looks at the two eliatropes.

Dally: Hey Yugo, Y/N. How did you two meet?

That got everyone's attention as they looked at Dally.

Ruel: Well, I must admit I am curious too.

Amalia: Yeah! You two seem so close!

You and Yugo blink in surprise, and then look at each other, then back at the others.

Y/N: You really want to know?

Eva: I admit I am curious as well.

Dally: Yeah, so how'd you two meet?

Yugo: Well...It all started when we were five...

(A/N: Italics are going to be memories for this chapter because I'm lazy)

A small Yugo is seen, chasing after Az as he flies through the village.

Yugo: I was chasing after Az because he stole something of mine.

Y/N: Didn't you say he stole a piece of bread?

Yugo, nodding: Yeah. Anyways, I was chasing after Az, when I saw a group of older kids surrounding someone.

Small Yugo stops and looks at the older kids. The older kids appear to look like bullies, taunting someone.

Older Kid1: Come on short stack! Fight back! Or are you too weak too!

???: I-I'm not weak!

Older Kid2: Then fight back!

One of the older kids picks up the person in the middle, revealing them to be a small Y/N. One of the older kids goes to punch Y/N in the stomach, but stops when a rock was thrown at their head. They turn and see Yugo, looking at them with a glare on his face....that really wasn't intimidating at all.

Yugo: Hey! Put them down!

Older Kid1, taunting: Or what short stack? You're gonna go crying to your mommy? We both know you don't have one!

Yugo flinches back and Y/N notices this, frowning. Y/N squeaks softly and manages to kick the kid that spoke, causing the kid to look at them with a glare on his mean face.

Yugo: Y/N kicked them, and I thought for sure that the older kid was gonna hurt them!

Y/N: But my aunt came just in time and caused the older kids to scatter!

The older kid rears his fist back, but his hand is caught by a tail that belongs to a siamese ecaflip...who looks extremely disappointed. The older kids now look nervous now that there is an adult there.

Jude: Now just what do you teens think you are doing to these kids?

Older Kid3: I-I, well-

Jude looks at them, their tail letting go of the kid's hand. The kid holding Y/N then drops her, and then he and the rest of his gang run off. Jude sighs and looks at the two eliatropes.

Jude: Are you two alright?

Yugo, nods: Yeah, I'm fine Ms.Jude

Y/N, quietly: I-I'm fine Aunt Jude.

Jude sighs and nods: Alright, just let me check you both for wounds. Stars knows you might need it.

The two eliatropes nod and follow Jude to her house. A small Midnight then chose that moment to appear, wiggling out of Jude's pocket and hopping to Y/N, who catches them.

Y/N, happy: Midnight! Are you alright?

Midnight meows and nods, nuzzling Y/N. Y/N smiles and Yugo catches up to the two, Az flying around them curiously.

Yugo: I'm Yugo, and this is Az. what's your name?

Y/N, suddenly getting shy: O-oh. M-my name is Y/N, and t-this is Midnight. I-it's nice to meet you Y-yugo, Az.

Yugo: and then Ms.Jude healed Y/N's injuries and we've been best friends ever since!

Y/N, nodding: mhm! I usually only visit Emelka occasionally when mom wants to visit Aunt Jude, but when we do, I always go and hang out with Yugo.

Eva, raising an eyebrow: I didn't take you for the shy type Y/N.

Y/N smiles sheepishly and rubs the back of their head. Yugo laughs softly.

Yugo: They were shy in the beginning, but I brought them out of their shell!

Y/N, nodding: mhm!

The heroes smile softly, Yugo and Y/N holding each other's hands.

Dally: Ya know, it wasn't very manly of those kids to go after a five year old like that.

Yugo and you automatically deflate. Eva notices this and narrows her eyes.

Eva: You're not telling us something you two.

Yugo and Y/N glance at each other, debating on if they should tell the others or not. Yugo then decides for you.

Yugo: well ... .they came back when we were around 7 ... .I-I was sick at the time, so Y/N was coming over to visit to make sure I was okay....

A small Y/N is seen, running through the village of Emelka with Midnight at her side. Y/N and Midnight almost make it to Alibert's and Yugo's house, but they are pulled into the forest, and Midnight is stuffed into a sack. Y/N then had their mouth covered by the older kids.

Older Kid1: Scream and the bow meow gets thrown into the river.

Y/N nods slowly, tense and their eyes dilated in fear. The older kids smile maliciously.

Y/N, sighing: The older kids then proceeded to beat me up....Why, I have no idea...But I do remember as I was losing consciousness, there was a sound of a portal opening and someone in a blue-green cloak coming out of it and beating up the bullies....When I woke up again, I was in Yugo's room, covered in bandages...

Yugo: According to Alibert, someone dropped them off at the front door, knocked, and then left before anyone could see them.

The other heroes look shocked at this, as well as angry. Y/N looks down, and Yugo pulls them into a hug, trying to comfort them. Y/N smiles softly and leans into him, hugging him back...if only they noticed the dark hazel eyes watching them, before leaving....

Word Count: 1040