A half moon

Our heroes were walking around the forest, the sun slowly setting as Yugo leads the way with Y/N holding his hand. Eva sighs and looks up, eyes squinted.

Eva: I think we should rest here for now before it gets too dark. We don't want to get lost.

Amalia: Good idea Eva! My feet were getting tired from all the walking.

Eva smiles softly and sighs, shaking her head.

Eva: Alright, then we will set up camp here. Ruel, do you still have supplies?

Ruel, nodding: Of course I do!...but we might need more later.

Eva, nodding: Alright. I'll start a campfire. Y/N go get some sticks or berries for us to eat in case the boys complain...again, and Yugo, you go with them. We don't want Y/N getting ambushed again.

Y/N pouts and Yugo nods, gently dragging Y/N away to find some sticks and berries. The two stay close to the campsite and find some sticks, but not any edible berries. Yugo's hat ears twitch and he looks up, looking at the stars...almost in a trance. Y/N notices and tilts their head.

Y/N: Yugo, you okay?

Yugo, snapping out of it: Y-yeah, I'm fine.

Y/N, frowning and crossing their arms: No you aren't. There's something you're not telling me. Eva and Dally wouldn't tell me about the fight that happened, and you've been avoiding it...but we are away from the others now, so you can tell me Yugo ... .I don't want to see you sad.

Yugo looks at you and nods, a flash of feralness going into his eyes before disappearing. Yugo sighs softly.

Yugo: Me, Eva, and Dally were fighting against a grim wolf named Alpha Fang....Rubilax seemed to know him. T-the grim said some things...

Y/N's eyes soften and they carefully take Yugo's hand, sitting on a nearby log and gently pulling him down next to him. Yugo blinks in surprise and then blushes when you put his head on your shoulder and pull him into a hug.

Y/N, softly: and then what happened?

Yugo, blushing: W-well, the grim called me little king and you queen....h-he then bit me and I suddenly couldn't control myself. All I could think about was keeping you safe and making sure you were protected...a-and the worst part was, I wanted to hurt him. I-I wanted to make him pay for threatening you....

Y/N smiles softly and hugs Yugo close, who curls into Y/N and buries his head into their neck more. Some tears fall from his eyes as Y/N rubs his back, humming a small tune. A while later, Yugo pulls away, wiping his eyes. He looks at Y/N, gratefulness in his eyes.

Yugo: Thank you Y/N....w-we should go back to the others.

Y/N, nodding: Alright...but remember Yugo, you can always talk to me

Yugo nods and stands up, gently holding your hand. You stand up as well, the sticks you collected in your arms. Yugo makes a portal and you both go through it, reappearing next to Eva...who isn't shocked at this point. You hand the sticks to Eva, who nods.

Eva: Thanks. I can take things from here.

You nod and gently lead Yugo to a tree, sitting down and leaning against the tree. Yugo is then yanked down by you, forcing him to sit next to you. Yugo looks at you in surprise, but you just smile gently, bumping your shoulder against hs gently.

Y/N: I know you need someone right now, so let me be the one to comfort you Yugo....

Yugo tears up and nods, hugging you tightly. You squeak softly, before smiling softly and hugging back.