$639.78

y/n pov

I awoke to the most aggressive pain in my head, "Fuck" I say under my breath and grabbing the bottle of Advil on the side table. My best friend Gabi and I ended up drinking last night to toast her finally graduating med school. I get up to grab my phone and stumble over her passed out on the rug, "Dumb fuck" I mutter laughing.

I open my phone it's 12:50, I have no notifications except one from the bank saying - 639.78. Jesus what the fuck I must have bought something while I was blacked out last night. I nudge Gabi with my toe and telling her I have to go to work to which she just moans and rolls over.

I pull a random grey shirt from the floor over the white tank top I'm already wearing and slip into a pair of black dickies that were just sitting in a pile on my floor.

Work starts in 30 minutes and I have no time to eat this morning. Grabbing my car keys I shout to Gabi one more time while opening the door, "GABS I'M GOING TO WORK I'LL BE BACK AT FIVE THERE'S LEFTOVERS IN THE FRIDGE." My neighbor Mr. Johnson looks at me weirdly and I sheepishly smile "She's hungover." He closes his door and I can hear him lock it very quickly.

The car drive to work felt quiet the Bluetooth in my car broke last month and the radio just isn't my thing. I turn on the radio anyway as the silence this ride was so deafening, playing with the dial I finally reach a station that doesn't sound absolutely awful and up next on 106.8 The Bounce we have Renée Rapp with Poison Poison.

La-la-la-la, la-la-la-la, la

You get on my nerves

You're so ***** annoying, you could poison poison

You're the worst person on Earth

Forgiving you is pointless, you could poison poison, baby girl

I turn the volume up, for the first time the radio might have played something I actually liked when the song was over the guy came back on tomorrow afternoon at 1pm we will actually be having Renee Rapp in the studio here with us for a Q/A so send all your questions to thebounceq&a@gmail.com. Hmm Renee Rapp, I feel like I've heard of her before.

Before long I was at work I grabbing my laptop bag from the car I run into the office, Jenn was already in my office pacing. "You're two minutes late."

"Yes I know Jenn, long night I'm exhausted what do you need." I sat down at the desk and pulled out the stack of papers I still had to type up. My office wasn't big but it was big enough for my desk, my chair and a plant. I look down at the papers I have left and sigh being a columnist isn't what I dreamed of being as a kid, it was being a writer but now I'm stuck behind this desk writing and editing pieces on random celebrities. All I want is to be traveling the world writing and yet here I am.

Jenn's a gossip columnist in my office and she's one of the only coworkers I can tolerate, "y/n, oh my god you missed it, Janice and Jake have been making flirty eyes all morning I'm in the cubicle in-between them I can't do it anymore. I gag every time, and booby Ben is still cheating on his wife" I laugh "Come on it can't be that bad" Jenn's not just a gossip columnist she's a gossip magnet in general. I lean back in the chair slightly so that I can see out of the glass window to the office where Janice and Jake were literally eye fucking. "Oh my god they are eye fucking."

I sit back as Jenn finally sits down in the other chair, "What are you doing today? I thought you weren't coming in it says you have it booked off." I start typing up some of the work I have to hand in tomorrow, "I'm only here until 5. I only took a half day, I should have taken the whole day though holy fuck this migraine is awful." Jenn laughs and gets up "Take some Advil, I gotta go back to work just had to tell you what you missed."