The Roof Part 3

Y/N POV

The next week was extremely slow. Gabi had went back home for a bit so it was just me and the dog at the apartment which I like usually but something was weighing on me. Renee hasn't texted me in five days, I'm starting to think at this point whatever friendship thing we had was over. She had moved on and at this point I was sick of being so intoxicated by her. Circling all my thoughts... all the fucking time.   

I'm staring at the ceiling of my bedroom as I have done for the past four nights unable to sleep when my phone starts to ring.

Unknown

I pick it up anyways knowing that whatever this call is will probably be more exciting then staring at my ceiling.   

"Hey. sorry for the random call this is Adam. This is Y/N right?". The man on the other end sounded worried. "Yes it is. What's going on?" He inhales sounding a little relieved. "I'm Renee's manager." my heart stops and I fly out of bed. What the fuck? why would he be calling me at this time of night. "I just wanted to know if you knew where she was you're kind of my last hope at this point." I start pacing "No I don't think so. Is there anywhere specific that you've looked?" he goes quiet for a moment. "Everywhere. She missed a interview.  No one's seen her all day I need to get in touch with her." 

I start to get super worried, she would never miss an interview without letting anyone know. "I can see if she'll respond to my texts. I'll let you know." I can hear him talking to someone else in the background and then he responds to me. "Let me know as soon as you can thank you." and hangs up. I flop back down on the bed what the fuck? what the fuck? what the fuck? my brain is fried. What the hell just happened and where is Renee. 

I think of everywhere that I know she goes; Alissa's, that coffee shop, the park, the abandoned roof... the abandoned roof

I jump up and grab my keys running out of the door as fast as I could. Wanting to get to the building as soon as I could.

Getting to the building I park quickly and run up the staircase, half hoping she's here half hoping she's not. I didn't think I would ever see her again and trying to prepare myself in the five minute car drive was not long enough. As I get to the top of the stairs I breathe deeply and step off the top stair. The blonde is sitting there on one of the lawn chairs head in her hands. 

I stand there for a moment, debating whether I go back to the car and text her manager saying I found her and give him the address. Or if I actually go over to her and talk. Before I can make my decision she looks up and over at me and I can see the sad expression on her face.    

"I'm sorry this is your spot I'll go." she says getting up off the lawn chair. "Sit down Renee. People have been looking for you you can't just fucking disappear. People were worried." I pace across the roof angrily.

 "How the fuck do you think I felt getting a call from your manager at 3am saying that you were MIA and not responding, you gave him my number?" I uncross my arms and breathe out starting to feel more hurt than mad.

 "after you haven't spoken to me?" I push the hair out of my face stopping to catch my breath "After you fucking ghosted me?" I inhale and look directly at her "After you..." 

"Stop. I couldn't keep lying to you" she says. "Lying to me? what the fuck do you mean Renee" I say my voice dripping with venom.

"Stop talking." she says louder obviously pissed off, she stands up and I can see her face for the first time in the glow of the streetlights.

She's red faced and obviously has been sitting up here upset for a while. Her cheeks are tear stained but somehow she still looks beautiful, Stop. you're supposed to be mad  my brain says to my heart.