It was a dream

Y/N POV

That was a wickedly surreal dream, I laugh to myself. I swear I can still feel the warmth of her chest underneath me. But the bed was empty other than me and Baloo at the end, and it looked like the other side wasn't touched. "fuck" I mutter under my breath. I check my phone, no messages either. Damn it.

I get up and go into the bathroom splashing water on my face before looking in the mirror. "Okay work today. You've got this. no worries, just avoid Jenn and you'll be fine." I state looking into the mirror trying to psych myself up. "avoid Jenn and you'll be fine." I say again in the mirror trying to convince myself. 

I go back out into my bedroom and look for clothes to wear, in a last attempt to prove if it was a dream or not I scanned the floor for the makeup wipe that I had thrown... it wasn't there. And the shirt that she wore was folded up and in my drawer. 

I shake it off and pull out clothes to wear for today, just some baggy jeans and a regular black T-shirt, nothing extremely fancy, plus I hate my job and the people at it now so like fire me I dare you. 

----- 

Work was beyond boring. I had been here for two hours and I had already given up doing whatever the fuck I was supposed to be focused on. I had edited like two articles and that was enough for me for one day. 

My boss had come in earlier to congratulate me again on what a wonderful piece that Jenn and I did together and asked what I was going to do with my raise money. In that moment I so wish I could have said fuck you, you can take that raise and shove it so far up your- but I didn't.  I decided to save that anger for Jenn. 

I had been giving her the cold shoulder all day and I was fine with it, she tried to speak to me a couple times and each time I found a way out of it, by slamming the door in her face or just walking away. I wasn't in the mood to talk to a backstabbing bitch. It was when she came in my office for the third time when I finally said something to her. 

"Here's my most recent article the boss wants you to look over it." She stated handing me the article. "Okay." I shrug accepting the paper and getting up from my desk and walking towards the door. I chucked it in the trash and smiled warmly at her "Fish it out and publish it. That's what you do now isn't it?" 

I walk out of the office bumping into my boss, "I'm taking the rest of the day as a sick day." I state pushing past him not letting him respond. I get in the elevator and untense, work sucks, my love life is shit, at least I still have my dog and Gabi. fuck. 

I need to quit, but I also need the money. So what the heck am I supposed to do? I can't work in the same office with people that I can't stand it really doesn't help. I get into my car as my brain gets all fuzzy, the one thing that is on my mind more than anything was how real that dream felt last night. 

I get to the apartment excited to just go to sleep even though it was only 3pm. 

When I turn to the hallway there she was, a worried look on her face. She hadn't noticed me yet and was pacing in front of the door. Maybe it wasn't a dream.

She must have been deep in her own thoughts because she didn't notice me until I was right in front of her. "Hey" I started softly causing her to jump slightly. "Oh hey!" she smiled warmly but there was something hiding behind that smile and I couldn't put my finger on it. 

"Listen." she starts still pacing "I'm sorry I left early this morning. I didn't know what I was feeling what emotions were going on in my head I just needed time to figure them out and I think I have. I really just need to get this out. I love you and not just in a way that friends love friends. I'm in love with you. and seeing you the other night with that other girl just made me realize it. I realized that I didn't care about the article if I didn't have you. I just got nervous with how much I feel with you." she states all at once without breathing.