Home Again

y/n pov 

It has been a week since Renee and I came out as a couple to the public and we had no privacy at all anymore. Here anyway. Everyone was in our faces 24/7 and some of the crazier ones even showing up to my office, waiting outside for me to come out. 

"I have an idea." I state as Renee and I are sitting on the couch, she lifts her head from my lap. "Let's get out of here." I push a piece of hair from hair face. "What do you mean?" she props herself up. "It's not like we can just leave." she laughs thinking I was joking. "Why not?" I cross my arms. 

"My sisters been begging for me to go see her, why don't we just go? Get away from here for a bit?" she snickers again then her face falls serious "Oh you're not joking." She places her hand on my crossed arms and I untense slightly. 

"I can't just pack up and go, what about work?" she smiles warmly up at me, I say nothing for a bit, I know it was a long shot saying that because she's super busy right now but I just needed time away from all of this it's starting to become overwhelming. 

"You know what? lets do it. Pack the car." She jumps up and pulls out her phone. "I'm gonna call Adam." I sit there stunned. "Baby I didn't mean right now." I scream after her as she disappears into my bedroom. 

She appears in the doorway seconds later flipping me off mouthing Pack with the phone up to her ear. I hop off the couch quickly and pull out my own phone to make my own calls. I dial my sisters number, she picks up immediately. 

"Hey! tf you want?" I get greeted with on the other end of the phone. 

"Be nicer." I start "Because i'm coming to see you." There is utter silence on the other end of the phone before "haha funny." I scoff and shake my head putting the phone on speaker as I start shoving some snacks in a bag. "No i'm coming and i'm bringing Renee." 

"Now I know you're joking, you haven't brought a girl home since high school." She retorts. 

"Oh shut up were getting in the car soon." I roll my eyes closing the snack bag, moving on to some clean clothes that i had folded and were still sitting in the living room throwing them into a bag. "Are you staying here?" she asks finally. I think for a moment, honestly before Renee I would have said no and got a hotel room. But something about me has changed. "Yeah. We'll stay." 

I hang up the phone before I can get some crazy reaction, instead my phone starts blowing up  with texts saying that she was so excited. 

-----

The car was loud, Renee had turned on the radio and Beyonce started blaring. She started to sing along and it was honestly hard to focus on the road with her absolutely head bopping next to me, her voice was so angelic. fuck I loved this girl so much. All of a sudden the singing along stops.

I look over see Renee asleep in the passenger seat I smile and turn down the music. She was so peaceful sleeping her hair slightly in her face and legs contorted in a weird way. Man I loved this more than anything. Just me and her. 

Finally we get to the house and I lean over shaking her shoulder lightly, "Hey nae... nae... we're here." her eyes flutter open slightly, before flying open completely. "Did you just let me sleep that whole drive?" she exclaims. "I was supposed to take over!" she punches my shoulder. 

"You were just so cute, plus I didn't want you to drive, shits scary." I smirk and she punches me again harder this time "Un fucking called for y/n." 

"Let's go." I chuckle throwing a bag at her and going off towards the door. Before I can knock the door swings open and I watch Renee get sucked in through the door. My sister had thrown her arms around her and pulled her into a hug and fully dragged her through the door. 

"Hey. BECAREFUL." I shout after her closing the door behind me, She stops and releases Renee who looked thoroughly traumatized. "I'm sorry." my sister turns to her "We just don't get a lot of women around here." She smirks. "Everyone calls me Bea." she looks towards Renee with an apologetic look on her face. 

"It's so fine." She smiles back, "I just haven't got a hug like that in a while." she chuckles. "I'm Renee." She offers her hand to Bea and I shake my head aggressively but she gets the memo too late she's wrapped into another tight hug. 

"Leave her alone Bea." I laugh "Come on my room's down this way." I grab her hand "Sorry for her." I smile as were out of ear shot. "No it's okay! she's super sweet!" she smiles at me. "She has no idea what personal space is though." I chuckle and open my old bedroom door. 

"I cleaned your sheets! That's all I touched in there so you might have to dust!" Bea screeches from down the hallway. 

Everything was exactly the same as it was when I graduated, I shivered slightly and calmed down when I felt Renee's hand press up against my back. "It's weird being in here." I smiled weakly. My walls still had Billie Eilish posters and LED lights on them as well as a Hayley Kiyoko poster. I watch Renee's eyes wander to the board I had in my room, with old pictures and just random memories. I watch as her eyes stop over one picture.

"Hey that's Sutton." she pulls the picture off the board to look at it closer. I curse under my breath. Fuck I had forgotten that was in here. I hadn't touched my room since the night we broke up and I moved out and I guess neither had my sister. I push my finger along the top of the board collecting the dust. "Yeah." I state and nod trying not to show too much of the hurt I was feeling remembering her. 

My first girlfriend, the one that ruined me, the one that made me realize that no matter how much you love someone you can hate them in a second. 

"What happened there?" She asks rubbing her thumb over my smiling face in the photo removing the dust. "It was high school, then high school finished and both our lives went in different directions I guess." I look over her shoulder at the picture of Sutton and I in our grad caps my arm wrapped around her waist smiles plastered on both of our faces. 

"She just kind of became someone I didn't want to be in love with anymore." I chuckle softly taking the picture from her hand dropping it in the trash can next to my bed. I turn back around to her cupping her face in my hands. 

"I think no matter what Nae, i'll always love you." I smile as she pulls me into a kiss. 

"And I you."

What I hadn't noticed was that Bea was standing in the doorway and had overheard the whole conversation.

----

A couple hours later i'm in the kitchen with my sister and Renee was off in the bedroom making a call to Adam (or so I thought..)  Out of the blue my sister looked up at me "Don't hate me for what i'm about to say." she shrugs and I glare at her "What is it?" I ask feeling like i'm walking on thin ice.

"Mom would be happy for you you know that right?" She wraps me into a side hug tussling my hair, "All she ever wanted was for you to be you. She would have loved Renee." I wish I could just tell her to shut the fuck up because she was going to make me cry but it was too late. A small tear escaped the corner of my eye. "I know." I whisper hugging her back. 

----

Cams Corneeerr

Okay maybe I lied i ended up coming up with a couple things to continue with it

look they're so happy! yk what that means!!!

I finally don't work every day so my updates will become consistent again lovelies 

vote and comment (I am fresh out of good threats please give me good ones for next chapter)