The Roof Part 2

Y/N POV

I grab my jacket and head for the door. "Where are you going?" Gabi asks looking at me weirdly. "i just need some fresh air. I'll be back soonish" I smile back at her closing the door behind me. I quickly make my way down the stairs, I hop into the car, I already know where she wants to meet, its not super far from here. 

I arrive at the crossing of the streets and see an angry looking Renee pacing back and forth on the corner. I slow down and she jumps in, "Drive." she says sternly. I listen not knowing where she wants me to drive. After about five minutes she speaks. "You left me on read." she crosses her arms still visibly pissed off. I try to keep my eyes on the road but she's kind of hot mad. I try to push that thought out of my head as I respond "Oh did I? I'm sorry I had a friend over I didn't notice." I lied through my teeth hoping it would get me out of it, it doesn't. "A friend?" She questions looking slightly more mad than she did before. "You jealous I have other friends than you?" I state pulling into the parking lot of a place I've been to many times. I park the car and look over at her, and she looks more hurt than pissed off. 

"Get out, come on." I say getting out of the car and going to her side and opening the door. "Lets go." she gets out but not without slight confusion "where are we?" she asks still keeping her tense look. "you'll see." I grab her hand and lead her towards the abandoned building towering over the parking lot. There's a fire staircase on the side of the building slightly covered with greenery, we reach the top of the stairs and I feel her hand loosen falling into mine perfectly. When she notices she quickly lets go and walks forward. "This is beautiful." she slightly smiled. 

I sighed looking off the rooftop, the more abandoned part of the city was seen from up here, you should see trees and other buildings that were falling apart, lit up by the streetlights. It was my favorite place here. "Sorry, I don't know where you wanted to drive. I kind of just always end up here." I point to the beach chairs that I had put up here a while ago.

 "This is perfect. It's like where I took you the first time we really met. Except quieter. Thanks for bringing me up here." she smiles softly and as she sits down I can see her fully for the first time since she got in the car. She has on a white oversized button up with a black bra underneath I can see it through the shirt and I can't stop staring, her shirt draping over the black cargos she has on. I tried to pretend like I wasn't looking at her in that way, that I didn't want her like that. but I did. I want her so badly. 

"Don't do that again." she says breaking me from my thoughts. I look down at my feet trying to avoid her gaze because she was burning holes through my head. I can feel her inch closer grabbing my chin and pulling my face up to be eye to eye with her "Don't leave me on read." she breathes inches from my face. The touch of her hand feels hot against my skin I know she will let go at some point but in this moment I really did not want her to.  

She lets go and sits back comfortably in her chair, pretending as if nothing happened. I guess she didn't feel what I did. "So what's the story here." she gestures to the area of the roof. "I don't know." I lied through my teeth. I did know, I knew that it was the place that my mom would take me when I was little to watch the stars, and that I've never brought anyone up here before. "You do know" she says quietly "I can see it on your face." 

I lean back in the chair unaware of what I'm going to say next. "it's always been a place of peace. ever since I was little and my mom used to take me here." I say surprising myself. She looks over at me all traces of anger gone from her gaze, now it was something else, I can't put my finger on it. Her pretty blue eyes locked into mine "You interest me. From the moment I met you I knew I wanted to know more about you. and that's scary. that terrifies me. Because i don't know if I want you to truly know me." I nod knowing exactly what she means because I feel it. we sit in the quiet for a while.

The drive to where she wanted to be dropped off was quiet she reached out and put her hand on my thigh and I felt the same heat I did when she touched my face. "Thank you for showing me that. It means a lot." she says taking her hand off immediately when she finishes talking. The feeling of her hand still lingers there and oh how I want it back.

--------

I open the door quietly knowing that it's been three hours since I left. Slipping my shoes off I tiptoe towards my room. "Soonish my ass" I hear Gabi mutter under her breath rolling over on the couch. I flop onto my bed still in my clothes from the night and close my eyes, retracing everything that happened and slowly drift off to sleep.

"So who was the girl last night?" I get questioned by Gabi as soon as I leave my room that morning. I wink at her to make her interested but not interested enough to pry too much into it. I'll tell her soon, maybe. I make us some breakfast sandwiches to which she gobbles it down as if she didn't eat her Mexican and mine last night. "Okay I'm off to work." I say putting my dish in the sink. "Don't fucking touch my orange juice." 

Getting to work I sigh, everyone is here today so that means the place is absolutely buzzing with people. I try to slip into my office unnoticed and surprisingly make it. I don't have any specific work for today so I pull out the article from my drawer. As much as I wish it was true I don't think it is, but what I do know is that I want to do more digging into it. 

After the sixth article I found online about their relationship my brain was numb, I was hurting myself reading all these cute articles/comments about things that Alissa and Renee do together, and then making myself feel a hint of excitement when it said they were broken up. I write on the paper in red pen So confused. and then I added what she told me last night they fight a lot. she doesn't see a future with her possibility of finding someone else? I shrug the guilty feeling off and shove the paper into my desk, this paper with my notes on it was for my eyes and my eyes only and i made sure of that by locking the drawer. 

I lean back in my chair looking at the clock, four hours left. I pull out my phone and check some work emails, after all my emails were checked I opened my messages hoping for one from Renee. She had not messaged me since I dropped her off last night and I was honestly getting worried. Not about whether or not she was okay but whether or not I said something wrong to the beautiful girl. 

...and then all of a sudden there she was circling my mind again, no matter what I do to push her out, to stop these feelings that are growing, to stop this stupid little crush. She was there in my head making me feel like I was completely underwater like I couldn't breathe and I wanted her, scratch that... I needed her to breathe. 

-----------

I am feeling absolutely feral tonight so here is another chapter, get ready for some dramaaaaaaaaa and maybe a lil something else ;) 

-Cam