Chapter 8: Memories

Over the course of the next few weeks, Rafayel starts to suddenly have flashbacks of something. He thinks it was his past life but he's not sure. These flashbacks consist of a girl who is a princess and him as her bodyguard helping her escape the castle. He doesn't know why he's having these flashbacks.

Today was no different.

Rafayel does his usual, paint, paint, paint. During his painting, his mind wonders and his mind travels back to the flashbacks.

-flashback-

"Rafayel, why do you always help me escape?" The princess asks him, sitting on the sand.
"Well, why not?" Rafayel's says.
"Because your putting your job at risk for me, why would you do that?" The princess asks, standing up, "may I take your mask off?" She says, grabbing his face. Rafayel sighs, "you know I can't do that"
"Why not? I've known you for a few months now. What are you hiding from me?" She says. "I'm hiding nothing, your highness"

"You're obviously hiding your identity from me" the girl says, squeezing his cheeks. Surprisingly, Rafayel lets the young girl take off his face. "so this is the boy I've been with all along? No wonder why you hide yourself " the girl says, smirking. Rafayel uses his hand to hide his face. "don't hide it!" The girl exclaims.

That's where the flashback ends in his mind.

-end of flashback-

Rafayel is brought back from his thoughts by an interrupting door bell. "I'm coming" he says, jumping off his stool.
"Hey you " y/n says, kissing his cheek. Rafayel blushes at this. Did I forget to mention that they were a couple? Yeah. "How are you?" Y/n says, plopping herself on his couch. "you never answered my text or calls" Rafayel says, looking annoyed. "Huh?" She says, sitting up. "My texts! You never answered them, do you know how worried I got?" Rafayel says, holding up his phone. "I'm sorry babe I didn't see it I was on a mission you know this" y/n says, frowning. "No excuses " Rafayel says, getting back on the stool to finish painting. "What's up with you recently? You've been more tense than ever" y/n says. "I don't know what you mean" Rafayel says, still concentrating on his painting. "You know exactly what the fuck I mean" she says, stomping her feet. Rafayel turns around with his resting bitch face. "Please explain to me what you mean" he says, looking pissed off. "You've been more moody than usual- your always angry at me" y/n says, throwing her arms up in defeat. Rafayel sighs and hops off his stool and sits down next to her on the couch, holding her hand. "I've been.... having these um, flashbacks"
"What do you mean?" Y/n says, holding his hand.
"I've been having flashbacks of me with a girl, a princess to be exact" Rafayel says, looking into y/n eyes.

"Can you tell me more?" Y/n says. "These flashbacks consist of me seeing this girl and helping her escape a...castle" Rafayel says.

Y/n doesn't seem to be following Rafayel with his situation. "I don't follow you" y/n says, holding his hand. "I knew you wouldn't" Rafayel sighs.