Chapter 18: thoughts?

A/n: hey y'all to make up for the sad chapters of before, I will make this one more wholesome 🥹 of course there will still be some sadness but we'll see what happens.

Just like last night about what they discussed, y/n gets up at 6 am. She likes to wake up early to get things going. She doesn't know what to expect meeting....him. Never did she expect to Rafayel's dad. According to Rafayel, he was raised mainly by his dad. Rafayel lost his mother at a young age. This breaks y/n's heart. She wishes she can do something, anything to help him.

Y/n receives a text from him-

Rafa: hey, you ready
Y/n: Yeah I'm just really nervous, not sure what to expect here.
Rafa: hey, that's understandable just try to act like yourself around him tell him your stories about how your a hunter
Rafayel was right. Y/n needed to make a good impression on his dad.

The beach from y/n's apartment isn't long at all. Maybe 10 minutes so y/n just takes a stroll to try and clear her head. Rafayel did offer to pick her up, but she kindly refused.

Seeing the sand in her vision, she gets more anxious.

Rafayel is already there waiting for her. By the ocean.

"Hey Rafayel" y/n waves at him and sits down next to him.
"You're early" Rafayel says.
Y/n instinctively moves her hand to rest on his lap where his hand resided. Creeping her fingers in with his. He surprisingly doesn't move his hand instead watches in amusement.
"You're not pulling away?"
"Why would I?" Rafayel says, smirking at her.

Eventually, Rafayel hears what seem to be, some whale calling. This is a sound only sea creatures know. Rafayel squeezes her hand to signal her about his dad.

Y/n gets a good view of his. Lavender hair, green blue eyes, scales surround his body. Green scales, green tail. Rafayel and his dad so much a like yet so different.

Having not seen a human before, his dad looks bewildered at her.
"This is the girl, Rafayel?"

"Yes, father"

His dad sees them hold hands and gasps.

"Tell me, girl. About your life."

"Well, I'm obviously a mermaid, um, I'm a hunter, well used to be. I don't have my mom or dad in my life, my grandmother raised me but I lost my grandmother 3 months ago. Not much to know about me besides keeping Linkon City safe" y/n says, cheerful.

"What happened to your family?" His dad asks, hoisting himself on the pier by Rafa.

"My mom and dad died in an accident 14 years ago...." Y/n says, playing with her fingers.

"What accident?"

"When the Wanderers attacked"

Wanderers. He's heard of that before. Rafayel explained it.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I'm pretty sure Rafayel has told you what happened to his mother correct?"

"Yes sir, he has" y/n says, looking at Rafayel sadly.

Rafayel's dad starts to tear up. Y/n starts freaking out, looking at Rafayel. Rafayel nods his head at her.

"Mr, Rafayel, I'm so sorry about your wife. If I could I would go back in time and get her back, I mean it"

His dad, looks up, tear stained. Y/n is smiling at him. He doesn't know but there's a warm feeling in his heart. He feels as though her and Rafayel belong together. When he rolled up to the shore, he noticed them holding hands so tenderly. So lovingly.
It reminded him of his wife.

"May I ask you a question?" His dad asked.

Y/n gulps and says, "of course, anytime"

"What are your intentions with my son?"

Y/n had to think about this long. And hard.
"I love him for who he is, how he jokes around me how safe he makes feel, how loved he makes me feel..." Y/n vents.

Y/n doesn't notice it, but Rafayel has to silently cry.

His dad is shock. He never expected this human to be so.... loving and accepting.

"May I touch your stomach?" His dad asks. Because he's lemurian, he can feel heartbeats stronger.

"Sure" y/n sits up, feeling his cold hand on her skin.

His dad closes his eyes and listens to the faint heartbeat inside her belly.

'this...is my grandchild?' his dad thinks to himself.

His dad starts tearing up.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Rafayel asks, shaking his arm.

"I'm amazing, um, I'm going to go talk to the other people about this" his dad says, swimming away.

"Is that a good thing?" Rafayel yells at his father as he swims away.

Y/n puts her hand on her stomach. What did his dad hear?

"Rafayel, you can do that as well right?"

"Hmm? What? Feel the baby's heartbeat?"

"Yeah" y/n says, grabbing his hand and leading it to her stomach.

Rafayel understands his dad's happiness. The precious little heartbeat inside.

"They sound strong and healthy " Rafayel smiles.

A/n: ahhh I told y'all it wouldn't be a sad chapter! Now, will Rafayel's dad actually accept y/n?