Chapter 12: is the end?

Y/n and Rafayel nervously walk into the hospital, not knowing what lies ahead of their future. Will y/n be a hunter still? Will Rafayel continue his painting? "Um, Hi, I scheduled an appointment for y/f/n y/l/n yesterday at 12 pm?" Rafayel tells the receptionist. "Oh, yes! Here you are!" The receptionist says, finding her name on the computer. "Please have a seat, Dr Zayne will be with you shortly". "Hey, everything will be okay" Rafayel tells y/n, who's clearly losing her mind.

The thing is, it's not okay. If the chances are she's pregnant, he can't be with her any longer. He's gonna hate himself for not being involved in his future child's life. He's gonna watch his kid grow up without a father figure, but he will be watching from aside to make sure nothing ever hurts them. Y/n doesn't know this yet but Rafayel will eventually tell her and it's definitely gonna break her heart. He won't be able to hear their first heartbeat, first kick in her stomach, he won't be able to witness the birth of his child, miss their first steps. Miss every single milestone that a parent should be there to watch.

"Mrs. Y/l/n? Please follow me" Doctor Zayne says, "please, step on the scale and I'll take your temperature, tell me why your here".

"Um, well, I missed my period, according to my boyfriend, I've been having mood swings" y/n says, stepping on the scale, weighing her.
"Alright, I'll take you to your room and I'll have a gynecologist look at it" Dr. Zayne says, leading them to their room.

The wait for the gyno took forever, felt like years. "Question, since you're lumerian, how would the baby come to be about?" Y/n says, breaking the dreaded silencs of the two. "Well, they definitely would have some of my traits, breathing under water would be one of them-" Rafayel says. "What about their physical form?" Y/n says, placing her hand on her stomach. Rafayel looks at that same hand and gulps and says, "you know what, I'm not even sure, that's a good question".

Not too long after, the gyno comes in, "heyyyy, how are we?" She says, cheerful, changing the rather awkward tone between the two. "Um, hi, I'm fine" y/n says sitting up straight. "So, I heard early signs of pregnancy is that correct?" The doctor says.

Rafayel tenses up at the word.

"Okay, so I'm gonna have you lean back for me and just lift up your shirt, this gel will be cold so I forwarn you " The doctor says, lowering y/n's hospital bed.

'cold right' y/n thinks to herself while laying back. She holds out her hand for him and he hesitated. But he did end up grabbing her hand.

"Okay, and let's see here" the gyno says, moving the wand, "and it looks like your... pregnant! Congratulations!" She's says, all cheerful. "I'm gonna go and print out the pictures of the baby! Is that alright?" The doctor says. Of course that's fine please".

They were left in silence. Again.

"Well, what are you thinking?" Y/n asks, breaking the silence.

"A lot of stuff right now. If you can, I'll drop you off at your house when we get back. Get ready for a date tonight " Rafayel says, grabbing his head and running his fingers through his purple hair.

Y/n getting excited thinking it's a date.

But it's actually gonna be used to break the news to her. And he knows it's gonna break her heart.