Chapter 31: his dad meets his son

Today was the day. Rafayel's dad meets his grandson. Rafayel has mixed feelings about it all. Will his father love Romeo? Will his father be gentle? So many damn questions!

Y/n is in the middle of getting Romeo ready.

"Hey, hun" y/n shouts from Rafayel in the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"Can you get me a bottle of his?"

"Yeah, I'm coming"

Rafayel come into the room with the bottle.

"So are you ready" y/n says, picking up Romeo to feed him. His little outfit says "daddy best little merman".

"Ready as I'll ever be, I just hope he loves him just as much as I love him" Rafayel says, rubbing his fingers on his son's legs and feet. Apparently, his son HATES to be touched on the feet cause every time he touches them, he flinches.

"He will it may take him some time cause he's from the sea but he'll love him" y/n says, putting him on her shoulder to burp. So far he's been an excellent baby, he barely cried last night when they slept.

"I hope so" Rafayel says, looking out the window.

Rafayel and y/n pack all of Romeo's stuff in the car and head out.

Once they arrive to the pier, Rafayel uses the whistle his dad had given him a while back. Soon enough, the man himself appeared.

"Hey son! How are you? How's being a dad?" His dad says, looking at his son.

"I'm good dad, it's definitely an adjustment but we're getting there" Rafayel says, picking Romeo from y/n's arms.

"Oh my, he's so tiny and oh my goodness! So cute" His dad exclaims.

Romeo yawns and stretches his legs out and opens his eyes and see his daddy in front of him.

"Hi buddy, this is your grandpa" Rafayel says, pointing to his dad.

"Can I hold him?" His dad asks.

"Um, let me get in the water with you first" Rafayel says, giving Romeo back to his mom. He takes off his shirt and pants leaving him in his boxers. He dips his body in and y/n hads Romeo to him carefully.

"Here, make sure you hold his head up" Rafayel hands him to his dad.

The moment in front of Rafayel makes his heart happy. His dad looks into his grandson's eyes. So much love and adoration  between the two already.

"Hi, Romeo. I'm a grandpa? I guess. I know I'm different from you and your mom and dad but I will love you as you are" Rafayel's dad says, touching his cheek with his finger.

All of the doubt and fear Rafayel had, had vanished knowing the relationship they already have formed. His dad touches his feet and he flinches.

"Oh my goodness someone is just like their dad, your daddy didn't like his fins to be touched either"

Y/n starts laughing at that and smiles.

Rafayel is so glad his father loves Romeo.

A/n: hi guys I'm so sorry for not updating but I'm currently working on my other story! Same pregnancy story but different route! Rafayel is just her baby daddy in that story! Love you guys 💕💕