Chapter 21: learning

A/n: reader was one month pregnant in the previous chapters now she's 3 months.

Today was the day. Since Rafayel didn't have no clue what pregnancy was, he decided to go to the library and to get some knowledge on it and y/n joins him to help him.

"So, there are 3 trimesters. 1-5 is first(correct me on this), 5-8 is 2nd and then 9th is 3rd right?" Rafayel asks, reading his book on the couch.

"Yep, like right now, I'm in trimester 1 but I'm about to head into trimester 2. We'll be able to find out the gender of the little one" y/n says, putting her hand on her stomach. Her belly is starting to potrude out more. Rafayel notices this all day, every day and pokes her belly. No matter how times she pushes his hands away. She's definitely going to the bathroom more. According to Rafayel, he definitely has taken the brunt of everything, moodiness, cravings.
Her main craving right now is seafood which is actually understandable considering their dad. "Since when did pregnant women crave seafood?" Y/n asks, pulling out some fish to make. "It's because of me" Rafayel says, smirking. "Shut up" y/n says, giggling.
"So, what have you learned so far?" Y/n says, plopping herself next to him and leaning on his shoulder.

"Hmm, I learned that babies can hear outside of the womb, I actually learned that a woman's heart doubles up in size" Rafayel says, fascinated. "Oh really?" Y/n says, reading the book herself. "I'm just so...blown away by what a woman's body can do, I never realized it with my mom but now that I have it, it's amazing, it's like your growing a present for me" Rafayel says, looking at her belly, reaching out to touch it.
Rafayel's hand is almost the size of her stomach. "I can't believe your stomach will get bigger that will be fun to watch" Rafayel says, a mischievous glint in his eyes. He can imagine it now. Always poking at her tummy, feeling the baby move around cause let's be honest, the baby will definitely be a daddy's baby.
"What are you hoping for?" Y/n says, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"It doesn't matter as long they're healthy" Rafayel says, caressing her stomach.

"I'm hoping for a girl but I agree with you on that" y/n says, putting her hand over his.

They just can't wait.