Chapter 29: Going home

Today was the day. Today was the day they bring their son home. Outside for the world to see. Rafayel is getting the baby's car seat installed in the car while y/n gets Romeo ready. He actually surprisingly hasn't cried a lot. He's actually a really good baby so far.

"HOW THE HELL DOES THIS DAMN THING WORK?" Rafayel shouts, getting frustrated with the car seat. Someone must've heard him cause an elderly man walks over and helps him.

"New dad?" The man asks.

"Yeah, we're taking him home today actually I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout" Rafayel says, rubbing his neck.

"It's okay, when I became a dad, I was the same way, nervous, I felt like all the pressure was on me cause I was the man of the house but then I got over that fear" the man says, finished with installing the car seat.

"Thank you, he's a good baby so far, hardly cries at night or at all actually " Rafayel says.

"That's good, congratulations on the baby son" the man says, walking off.

"Thanks" Rafayel says, walking back to the hospital elevator to get to the room.

-Y/n's hospital room-

Y/n is getting the baby dressed and feed before Rafayel comes back up.

When he comes back up, he takes the baby and entertains him while y/n gets ready.

Rafayel still can't believe he's a dad. It's shocking to him.

You're just so cute" Rafayel says, poking his son's nose.

Once y/n is done getting ready and Rafayel is holding little Romeo, they leave.

Rafayel puts Romeo in his car seat and straps him in.

Y/n climbs in the back with him, placing a blanket on him to protect him from the sun.

Rafayel nervously climbs in the car, scared to shake it too much or too hard.

The ride home is just as everyone anticipated. Nerve-wrecking, anxious, excited. Rafayel tried his best to be as gentle. Y/n did her best to keep Romeo and Rafayel calm.

Once Rafayel pulls the car into the garage, he jumps out and runs to y/n's side of the door and helps her out. Rafayel climbs in the back and unlatches the car seat from the car itself. He gently lifts up the sleeping baby, careful not to wake him. Once they enter in the home, everything feels surreal. Just a few days ago, y/n was pregnant with a belly. Now, they have little Romeo.

Rafayel places the car seat on the floor, taking the blanket off of him. Romeo stirs around in his sleep, yawning. He opens his purple-pink eyes that resemble his father's. Romeo stares at Rafayel, making intense eye contact. Then the stare breaks, Romeo's eyes start wondering again. Rafayel unbuckles him, picking him up and showing him around his studio/home. Rafayel starts showing him all of his paintings.

When they get to his nursery, Rafayel immediately points out the painting he did whilst y/n was pregnant.

"See this painting? I painted in while you were in your mom's belly, it's a painting of me and you. I hope one day when you're old enough you will understand the meaning of the painting. Romeo's eyes just keeps his stare on his father's face, clearly not interested in the paintings.

Rafayel sits on the couch and asks y/n, "are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah I'm just drained"

"Well here lay down next to me, I got everything handled "

"Are you sure?" Y/n says, sitting next to him.

"Positive now lay down"

Y/n rests her head on his shoulder.

A/n: hey loves sorry I haven't been updating I've been so sleep lmao 😭🤣