Chapter 15: Fresh Start

Aln: hi guys how are we? I've started working on another book based off of my long distance relationship if you wanna go check it out, please do! Anyways happy reading!

Y/n finally figured she needed to get her shit together. She has yet to tell her job about the new baby and she is planning on telling them today.

Entering the building, Nate, the assistant, says, "heyy, y/n haven't seen you in such a long time! How have you been?"

Could be better.

"I'm fine how are you guys doing? Killing off wanderers good?" Y/n says, waiting for her boss, Jena.

"It's been busier than usual"

Y/n wasn't just afraid of raising her kid alone but in this world. Wanderers. Everything.
"I saw, any new fluctuations?" Y/n asks him.

"No, just a bunch of Wanderers"

Jenna walks in and says, "Nate, why you still jabbering? Where's the report from yesterday's wanderers?"

Nate stutters and says, "o-o-oh, was just about to start doing that" he says, chuckling nervously.

"Y/n, it's been so long. How have you been?"

"Fine, I, um, actually came here to tell you something"

"Oh? What is it?" Jenna says, leading her to her office.

"I'm.....um, pregnant" y/n says, pointing to her stomach.

Jenna's eyes widen and says, "when I said vacation I didn't mean for 9 months. Who's the father?"

The thing is, when Rafayel discussed it with y/n, they decided to not tell anyone who the dad was. His name has to be a top notch secret.

"I can't disclose that information" y/n says.

"Mystery man, huh?" Jenna says.
"Well, since you're pregnant, you obviously can't do anymore hunting but for the next 9 months, I can assign you an office job to help with money. Is that okay?" Jenna explains.

"Yes, yes, that's fine. Any job is fine as long as it provides you know?"

"Right, right, well congrats" Jenna says, smiling at her.

"Oh, um, thanks"

Y/n still has yet to process all the information she's gone through in the last week. From having a boyfriend to having a baby who the father can't even stay with her.

"How are you feeling? Like physical?"

"I'm still sick, throwing my breakfast up 5 minutes after devouring it"

"Oh well, if you ever need help babysitting, just talk to me or Tara and we'll help the best way we can" Jenna says, grabbing y/n's hands that were on the counter.
"I don't know your situation, but we're here not as your employer but as your friend and I genuinely mean that" Jenna says, smiling up at her.

"Thank you Jenna" y/n says, smiling back at her.

She's glad she has friends to help with the little one but it's never gonna be the same. Rafayel missing everything. She just wants him there. No one else but if it's what she has to go through, so be it.