Chapter 22: Boy or Girl?

A/n: heyy y'all I'm so sorry this took forever to update I've been sick 🫠 but here's another chapter 💞 reader is 5-6 pregnant yes i know i skipped but the purpose of the  story I have to lmao

Today was the day. They find out. Y/n's stomach has definitely gotten bigger and it's like every day she wokes up and boom! More belly! Rafayel has definitely noticed because every time they shower, he has to poke around her stomach. The other day, they felt the baby move for the first time. It felt weird like a lightning bolt. A lightning bolt to her crotch that is. Ever since, non-stop kicking. Apparently, Rafayel's future child is a soccer player in the mom's stomach. But they already love their dad. When y/n and Rafayel lay in bed together, he always rubs her stomach before bed and tells the baby about lemuria. The baby seems interested because they'll kick in response. It's soo cute watching them interact already. Daddy's baby 100%.

Today, they are scheduled for an appointment. To find out the gender..yay!

Since they have no family to celebrate it with (well Rafayel's dad but he's in the sea) they just wanted to go to the doctor and do it . But, Rafayel is wearing blue obviously for boy and y/n is wearing a pink dress for girl. For some, Rafayel is convinced he's having a son.

"Why do you think you're having a girl?" Rafayel says, driving.
"Mother's instincts of course"
"Well I have dad instincts now and I think your carrying a boy"
Y/n rolls her eyes, her hand on her stomach. Rafayel's hand is placed on top of hers, "but," he says while rubbing her stomach, "I would be happy regardless"

Y/n smiles at him. He definitely has shown how excited he is about the baby. Ever since he found out babies can hear inside the womb, he's been playing classical music for the little one. Y/n kind of feels bad cause they're being tortured by their father already. Parking into the parking deck, y/n doesn't get out until Rafayel he helps her out. Along with her belly, her gaining weight is also a thing now.

"Hi, Mr Rafayel" the front desk attendant says recognizing him and his girlfriend.

"Hiii" y/n says, waving to her.

"Oh my goodness, your tummy is just getting bigger every time I see you" she says to her, looking at her stomach.

"Apparently so" y/n says back.

"The doctor will be with you guys shortly "

Y/n and Rafayel sit down, Rafayel wrapping his arms around her waist to pet her stomach. He really likes the baby.

Not long after, they're called back and surprise, surprise! It's doctor Zayne!

"Hello, please, follow me "

They follow behind him until they stop at a room.

"Please, take a seat on the bed and she'll be here shortly"

"Thank you" y/n says, lifting herself on the bed. The cold room all too familiar considering she's been here quite a few times now for obvious reasons.

"Have you watched a birth video yet?" Y/n asks Rafayel who was on his phone.

"No, why?" Rafayel asks.

"I think you should watch one, so it can help prepare your"

"Is it that bad?"

Y/n looks dumbfounded. "Rafayel, dear, I'll be pushing a child out of my hoo-ha, yes it gets pretty bad"

Rafayel looks nervous and says, "okay where do I watch one?"
"Birthing classes?"
"Oh yes, we should definitely do that, we need to start getting the nursery set up as well"

An hour goes by and the obgyn finally comes in.

"Hey guys, how are you?"

"Fine, just over being pregnant" y/n says, chuckling nervously.

"Yeah that's understandable. Well your already halfway done!"

"Alright, you know the drill" she says, getting the little system/ultrasound set up.

Y/n leans back and lifts her shirt to reveal her stomach. Rafayel starts admiring her belly, thinking it's the most beautiful thing in the world and it's carrying the most precious life.

"Alright, let's find out what the baby is" obgyn says, pressing the wand to her stomach.

Luckily no health problems with the baby. Strong heartbeat.

When the wand is pressed down, Rafayel and y/n hear the heartbeat. Relief actually.

"The baby's healthy, alright? And um, let's move this around" she says, moving it closer to y/n's pelvis.

"And....it looks like it's a...boy!"

Rafayel starts laughing, getting prideful even. He starts smiling at her and says, "I told you I was right didn't I? What happened to mother instincts? Seems like daddy's instinct are just as high as yours"

In all honesty, Rafayel couldn't be happier. He's so happy he wants to tell his dad. He might actually.

Y/n starts smiling, looking at him.

"Are you sure it's a boy?" Y/n jokes with the doc.

"Yes", she says pointing at the screen, "see that?"

The doc seems to be pointing at his genital area and says, "he's definitely a boy" she giggles, "I'm gonna go print these out for you guys. I'll be right back"

Rafayel is still laughing.
"Alright now don't get too prideful" y/n says, sitting up, wiping the gel off of her stomach.

"I'm not I'm just happy honestly, I might actually go see my dad tonight, wanna come with me?" Rafayel says.

"Of course, he hasn't seen us in 5 months "

The doctor comes back from the ultrasound and hands them the pictures, and schedule the next one.
Y/n and Rafayel walk out the building.

Once they get into the car, y/n hands Rafayel the ultrasound pictures. For a moment, he starts tearing up. This startles y/n.

"Rafayel, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I, just, got emotional. You know with me being a new dad it's all new and surreal for me, I just can't believe I'll have a son to look after his whole life you know?"

Y/n's chuckles grabbing his cheek and says "I don't know what your trying to say but I can assure you....you will be an an amazing daddy"

Rafayel kisses her hand and says, "thank you"

He thinks he won't be a good dad.

He's so wrong. Most guys don't get this excited about having a baby.

He absolutely can't wait to hold the baby.