Chapter 13: don't leave me

A/n: If you want it to be a little more sad, I recommend listening to this song: https://youtu.be/ZyW9eBf2zfI?si=zohoXdc6IEUC9ukL

Rafayel and y/n exit the building, going to the car and y/n excitingly holds the ultrasound of the baby and turns to Rafayel in the car and says, "so are you excited to be a daddy?".

"U-um, sure" Rafayel gulps whole driving. He already knows he's gonna break her heart later on telling her that they can't be together so the thought of seeing her face, breaks his own heart. He doesn't want this to end. He doesn't want their relationship to end. But Lemurian has cursed him. If he gets with a human(if he gets with a pregnant human) he'll be banned forever from lemuria. He would rather be alive and stand on the side watching his child grow then be gone forever.

Pulling up to y/n apartment complex, Rafayel tells her what time to be ready.

Y/n is excited, putting on her best purple dress and stops to look at her belly in the mirror, thinking, oh my gosh, I'm literally pregnant.

Rafayel's house:

Rafayel drives to his own apartment/studio and sits in his car and lays his head on the steering wheel. He looks up and there's a pendant from y/n a few weeks ago.

This pendant is a promise to stay with me for life, you got it? Under no circumstances should you leave me.

He remembers y/n's sweet words from that day. He shakes his head and gets rid of the memories and gets out of the car.

Y/n's house:
Y/n calls up her friend Tara and tells her the news. Tara is rather shocked but happy for her nonetheless. "So, what do you want it to be? Boy or girl!" Tara says, over the line. Y/n is shifting through her clothes, "um any gender is fine" y/n says. Y/n hears a beep on the other line and says, "oh hold on Tara, it's Rafayel".

Y/n picks up the call and says, "hey babe"

"Hey, are you ready"? He says, on the other line, getting into the car.

"Ready as I'll ever be" y/n says, throwing on her shoes.

"Alright, be there in 10" Rafayel says, hanging up.
"Uhhh...love you too, he's been acting so weird ever since he found out about the baby" y/n says, putting in her shoes.

10 minutes later, Rafayel shows up at her apartment complex and y/n hops into the car.
"Hey, where are we going?" She says, buckling up.
"To your favorite restaurant" Rafayel says, fixing his hair in the mirror.
"Ooo, I love it" y/n says, placing her hands on her lap.

They arrive to the big fancy restaurant and apparently Rafayel had already made reservations cause he told the host it was a reservation for his party.
They're seated and y/n is first to talk.

"So, what's your opinion on the new baby?" She says, smiling, looking up from the menu.
"That's why I invited you here" Rafayel says, deciding on his food and closing the menu, "there's something we need to talk about"

"What is it?" Y/n says, closing her menu as well.
Rafayel looks her dead in the face. His facial expression has a mixture of sadness, empathy in this face, "um, I'm a lumerian right?" Rafayel says.
"Yes, what about it?" Y/n says, sipping her drink.
"Um, lumeria has cursed me with a curse, if I get a human pregnant, I can't be seen with them-" Rafayel say, tears already forming in his eyes.
"W-what? No, no, no, I need you there with me!" Y/n says, crying.
"I know, I know, but if they find out which they will, I'll be gone. Permanently. I would much rather you move into a beach house and I can watch from afar with you and the baby, it's like I'll be there but I won't be there" Rafayel says, feeling a tear on his nose.
"Can you discuss it with them? I mean, hell I don't wanna raise our baby by myself, maybe you can negotiate it with them" y/n says, choked up.
She can't believe this information. She got all excited to raise a family with the love of her life. She was ready. She didn't expect it but she was ready. But, now. This.
"I can try but I can't promise anything with them. If I negotiate with them, they'll ban me from lemuria for good, but you know even if I'm far, I'm still here. I wanna spend the rest of my life loving you, from afar" Rafayel says holding her hand and holding it close to his heart. This makes y/n cry even harder.
"Don't leave me" y/n says, crying quietly. Hearing this, Rafayel's heart breaks more.

"I, I'm sorry, my love please forgive me" Rafayel says, holding her hand close.

A/n: sheesh I almost cried making this chapter 🥹🥹anyways, I'll update more. I have work tomorrow at 9 am lmao
Edit: this idea came to mind when I came across a tik tok I'll post below it was a really good emotional tik tok 🥲 that's where I got that line "the rest of my life with you" from 🥲🥹 the tik tok person who made it was so amazing 💞
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPR3XgYoT/