Chapter 26: Shopping

A/n: hey y'all! I'm trying to wrap this part of the chapter up leading up to the reader giving birth cause at this point my brain is rotting for ideas 🌚 but yeah here's another wholesome chapter!

Shopping for a baby is not as easy as everyone says it is. You have to shop for clothes, food, furniture. Everything. Plus, everything is so damn expensive. Rafayel insisted he had the baby's stuff delivered to them but nope, y/n said she wanted to go to the store herself to "embrace the moment".

Now y/n is struggling to stand up as she is in her last trimester, ready to pop at any moment.

"What happened to "let's embrace the moment"? Rafayel says, smirking standing in front of the stuffed animals.

"Embrace the moment my ass" y/n says, sitting on the bench, hand on her tummy.

Rafayel picks out a stuffed fish and whale for him.
If you guys haven't noticed yet, the nursery theme is oceaned themed for obvious reasons.

"Can we just wrap this up? Your child seems to be a lot more active today than usual" y/n says, leaning on his shoulder.

"Your the one who wanted to shop this way, the doctor said you would pop any minute or day now" Rafayel says, leaning his head on hers.

Oh did I forget to mention the birth plan? Water duh Rafayel said since he was born in water, his son should be okay, right? Right??

"I know, I've just been feeling so unmotivated. You've already helped out so much with his nursery. I thought it was about time I do something" y/n says, worrying all her stress on him.

Rafayel and y/n stop midway at an aisle and Rafayel turns to y/n and says, "you are doing something, you're growing our son and apparently a good way at that" Rafayel says, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Are you sure?" Y/n says.

Rafayel snakes his hands to her bulging stomach his hands almost covering all of it, and kisses her on the nose and says, "you feel that?"

Y/n can feel their son kicking.

"He's alive because of you" Rafayel says, kissing her.

Y/n smiles and says, "thank you honey"

"You're welcome now let's go get that new stroller for him" Rafayel says, grabbing her hand.

-timeskip back to the mansion -

Once Rafayel and y/n got everything they needed, Rafayel started on dinner and y/n continues folding some of his clothes.

Once they're done with dinner, y/n is still folding clothes. She starts to feel a little bit of pain in her stomach, not thinking much of it and probably just Braxton Hicks she ignores it.

Only then......

Did the pain indeed get worse.

Especially later on that night.

Rafayel and y/n we're snuggled usually in bed, his hand on her stomach massaging it.

At around 1 am..... something happened.....

Oop- Is y/n in labor? 👀