Chapter 20: acceptance.

So, after Rafayel and y/n did it, y/n had fallen asleep on his shoulder. Deciding to go see his dad, he lets her sleep in his bed. But not before leaving, he kisses her on her forehead and says, "I'll be back my love" and then kisses her tummy.

He just hopes his dad is understanding about this. He's already so attached to the baby already. How can he not? It's his child for God's sake.

Jumping into the ocean, he transforms into mermaid form once again.

Swimming down to the bottom, the guards have no problem letting him in this time.

"Dad! Where are you?"

"Over here, son"

His dad is writing on some paper.

"Dad...why did you swim off like that? You scared her!" Rafayel says, his hands on his hips.

"Look, I talked to some of the people down here. I told them how much you loved her. How much you cared about her" his dad says, looking into his eyes.

"And...?" Rafayel says, trailing fingers off.

"They said they can accept it under one circumstance......you can no longer be a mermaid. Permanently." His dad says, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

Look, son, I noticed how much you loved her. I noticed how she loved you I don't know why I misjudged her all based off my own experiences" his dad says, smiling.

"Now, are you ready, boy?" His dad says, pulling out an important paper.

"Yes where do I sign?"

"Here"

Rafayel looks to be a contract for something. Is Rafayel gonna miss being a Lemurian? Absolutely. He grew up on it. But...if it's what he has to do to be with his kid, then so be it.

After signing the paper, his dad chants a spell on him. Rafayel's tail turning back to a human for life. Luckily Rafayel learned how to swim with legs.

"Listen, son. I want you to listen to me "

Rafayel nods.

"She's pregnant, she's very moody, she's very sensitive. Be there for her always, her stomach will get bigger and everything on her body basically"

Rafayel starts to chuckle at y/n having a belly within the next few months.

"I want you to meet me here at the pier at the end of every month to update me on .y granddaughter or grandson" his dad says, smiling.

"Thank you dad" Rafayel says, hugging back.

Swimming back up to the surface, it felt weird. No tail. No little fishies surrounding his body.

Rafayel goes back to his apartment and still sees y/n is sound asleep. He crawls into bed with her and hugs her stomach gently. And kisses the back of her hair, her shampoo making him sleepy. They both pass out.

A/n: hii all! Yay! Rafayel's dad accepted it but that's mean no mermaid Rafayel ahhh that's okay though! 💞