Chapter 9: Ebb and Flow(optional read)

A/n: wow! I didn't expect a bunch of views lmao but thanks to whoever reads my stories if they're interesting to you continue reading them! I started writing for fun lol not expecting fans! Well let's go! If your a love and deepspace fan and haven't seen this memory I recommend not reading this chapter but otherwise have fun reading!

Lumerian: I'm not sure exactly what they are (mermaid or siren) but they are marine civilians that were washed away thousands of years ago!

Y/n remembers what happened weeks ago prior to what happened after that one..... mission.

Rafayel had invited her out to get some fresh air from being cooped up from painting. He asked her to join her at the arcade. She did just that. Walking around the arcade, y/n picks up a blowfish keychain.

"What do you think?" Y/n says, holding up the keychain. "It's round....like you" Rafayel says, fanning himself. "That cheapstake owner must have not fixed the AC ugh it's so hot in here..! I'm going home" Rafayel says, walking off. "um, you were the one who invited me" y/n says, following him.

Following him back to his studio, Rafayel lays down and proceeds to whine, "ugh, the air is so heavy and sticky! How do you guys even breath?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Y/n says. "I just want to be alone right now" Rafayel says, holding his head. "Um, you invited me " y/n says, crouching down. "Can't get enough huh?" Rafayel says, smirking at her. "... you're on my bag" y/n points. Rafayel picks up his body and y/n says, "I guess I'll go to seashell festival tomorrow. I'll see you soon bye" y/n says walking away. But as she was walking away, she heard a loud thump on the floor and Rafayel has fainted on the ground. "Rafayel!" Y/n says, running to him, picking up his body and placing him back on the couch with a semi-wet blanket. "It's a good thing I was here" y/n says, touching his forehead. "I'm fine" Rafayel says, pulling away from her. "your like medium rare stake, maybe even well done" y/n says. Y/n walks away to get something but is stopped by Rafayel grabbing her arm, y/n says, "where's your medicine cabinet?" Rafayel points to his kitchen cabinet and Y/n gets him some medicine to take along with some water. When she comes back, she sees that Rafayel has....scales? "Huh?" Y/n says, touching his cheek. 'rafayel's a... mermaid?' y/n thinks to herself. She touches the scales on his skin and he moans in pain. "Hmm?" Rafayel opens his eyes.
"I-i- um-" y/n stuters struggling to find an explanation of why she was touching him. "These scales...did it hurt when I touched them?" Y/n asked. "You...?" Rafayel says, touching his neck.

"So, you ARE lumerian?" Y/N asked more like says. "When I cry, my tears turn into pearls and I can kill anyone with just a song and those scales....are the sharpest weapons in the world" Rafayel says. "So, your mocking me now huh?" Y/n says, holding out her hand. "You're not so gullible " Rafayel says, pushing her hand away. Y/N begins poking around his neck and face, annoying him a little bit. "Hmm...s-stop" Rafayel says, blocking his face with his hand. "Ahh... Lemurians really are ticklish " y/n says. Rafayel grabs her hand, "humans really are greedy, always poking around on different species' weakness ".

Y/n drops but Rafayel grabs it and holds it close to his cheek, y/n can feel the heat coming off him. "I don't feel so good...help" Rafayel says, grunting. "Ummm...h-how?" Y/n says. "Don't hold back.....share your warmth with me" Rafayel says. "Nows not the time to play around..y-your temperature hasn't changed let me get the medicine" y/n says, standing up trying to unleash rafayesgirl grip on her hand. "Ahh... Rafayel" she's pulled back by him on his lap. "what... aren't you curious about the lumerians?" Rafayel says, tightening his grip on her arm. "I don't want you right now you're in a weak state" she says, trying to get her hand away from him. "Even if you wanted to do something to me....I can't stop you" Rafayel says, snuggling her hand against his cheek. "R-rafayel" y/n says, chewing on the inside of her cheek, "I could never hurt you or kill you". "Well then can you at least stay until sunrise?" Rafayel says . "Yeah, I'll do that" y/n says.

Rafayel is laid on the floor with his eyes closed with a wet cloth on his forehead. "Sweet dreams" y/n says, touching his cheek.

A/n; hi guys! I'm sorry if it's a big choppy! I wanted to put my own spin on it! Anyways next chapter!