Chapter 25: Getting everything ready

For the past two months, y/n and Rafayel (Rafayel mainly) have been getting the nursery built. Rafayel insisted on him making his son's nursery, and because it's his first born he wants to make it special for the little one. With the nursery coming into place, so does little Romeo. Y/n swears he moves around so much more at night. Apparently his dad can feel it cause one night, Rafayel had his back turned to y/n and her belly was protruding out more and Romeo decided to kick his dad's back, waking Rafayel and y/n up. Speaking of y/n, how has she been doing? She's been fine other than the usual; swollen ass feet, her stomach just growing more, her cravings, worse, her boobs, sore. Everything about her body changes and Rafayel loves it. Rafayel thinks it's amazing to watch this beautiful woman carry his child.

Today, they pack the hospital bag. Y/n is due in 2 months, April.

"What do you think we should pack?" Rafayel asks, holding up the hospital bag.

"Everything" y/n says, laughing, "how about pacifiers, clothes, diapers, blankets, formula, the essentials"

Rafayel grabs those items of sorts and stuffs them all in the bag. Rafayel grabs a plushie of a mermaid and puts it in his bag.

"Why the plushie?" Y/n asks curious.

"It's a good luck plushie, this plushie will always be with him in his life and give him the good luck he deserves" Rafayel says, starts smiling.

Y/n swears, Rafayel's love for his son, only grows every day. His dedication, his paintings, his inspiration. Love. All for him.

"Tell me, Rafayel" y/n says, grabbing Rafayel's hand and puts it on her bulging tummy, "are you excited to be a daddy?"

Excited is an understatement for him. Excited is nothing. Overwhelmingly joyous is the correct term.

"Yes, I just can't wait to meet him, I can't wait to see what or who he looks like" Rafayel says, smiling, feeling him kick from within.

Yeah, definitely daddy's boy already.

"He's a daddy's boy already" y/n scoffs, shooing his hand away, playfully.

"That's the best part" Rafayel says, chuckling, reaching his hand up once more to grab her stomach.

-later that night-

At the end of the night, y/n is already laying in bed, the blanket across her stomach.
Once y/n hits the pillows, it's game over.

"Oh, fast asleep already huh?" Rafayel says, chuckling grabbing her cheek. Sitting next to her, he decides to do something he's never actually done. Talk to your belly.

Rafayel pulls down the blanket and lifts up her shirt, revealing her big tummy.

Rafayel starts off by saying, "hi buddy"

"How are you? I know it's starting to cramped in there, your already getting so big on me. I'm still working on your room but it's taking me some time. I hope you're okay in there. Daddy can't wait to meet you and teach you about lemuria. And teach you about painting. Teach you about the ocean" Rafayel says, lower his head close to her stomach.

"I just can't wait to meet you my buddy" Rafayel says, resting his head on the curve of her stomach, his ear pressing against her warm skin, hearing the little heartbeat stirring inside. Rafayel sighs at the nose.

He just can't wait to be a daddy.

A/n: heyy y'all! Double update! What do you guys think of this wholesome chapter? Reader is almost close to giving birth 👀 anyways bye lovelys❤️❤️