Chapter 27: Labor

Y/n woke up at around 1 am, feeling stomach cramps. She decides to get up to use the bathroom. Her stomach pains don't get better at all throughout the night. At around 4 am, y/n decided to get up for a snack when.....pop! Her water broke! What fun!!

Y/n scrambles to shake Rafayel awake.

"Rafayel! Wake up! I'm in labor!" Y/n says, shaking his shoulder holding her stomach.

"No, go back to sleep there's no way" Rafayel grumbles in his sleep.

Y/n does this one more time.

"If you don't wake your ass up, you won't be able to get to meet your son" y/n says, irritated.

"I'm up! I'm up! What happened?" Rafayel says, shooting up.

"My water!" Y/n says, pointing to the floor.

This takes Rafayel a minute to process considering he just woke up. Then it hits him like train truck!

"Omg, you're having the baby?! Okay, stay right there, I'll get the hospital bag and your shoes and we'll go !" Rafayel says, jumping out of bed scrambling to get everything together.

Y/n walks to the front door waiting on Rafayel. Rafayel comes to the front door in only his sleeping sweats and white shirt with the hospital bag in hand and y/n's shoes in the other.

"Alright! You ready to have a baby?" Rafayel says, smiling at her.

"Yes! Let's go!" Y/n was so over this pregnancy. She couldn't wait to meet her son.

Rafayel drives to the birthing clinic where they told them about the water birth. Rafayel helps her out of the car with the hospital bag in hand.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The nurse receptionist says, typing on her computer.

"Hi, yes, my girlfriend went into labor this morning" Rafayel explains.

"How far apart are her contractions?"
"They like 20 seconds, 5 minutes apart" y/n says.

"Alright- oop- I see you guys here. You came in to ask about the water birth option correct?" The nurse receptionist says, smiling.

Y/n holds on to her stomach, gritting her teeth, feeling a contraction wrap itself around her body. This isn't gonna be easy that's for sure.

"Yes, yes that's us" Rafayel says, looking at y/n and getting impatient.

"Alright, follow me" the receptionist says, grabbing y/n's charts and going to room 6.

"The midwife will be in soon to check how dilated you are " the receptionist says, closing the door.

Y/n lays in the bed, grabbing her stomach.

"How long do you think we'll be here?" Rafayel asks.

"However long your son wants to stay in my stomach" y/n says, shutting her eyes together tightly.

Not long after, midwife arrives.

"Hey, I'm your midwife Clarissa, how are we?" The midwife says.

"I'm fine just ready to get him out" y/n jokes.

The midwife grabs one of those wands and holds it close to y/n's stomach to check baby's heartbeat.

"Baby's heartbeat is good. How far apart are your contractions?" The midwife says.

"20 seconds long, 5 minutes apart" y/n says.

The midwife is getting the epidural ready. The needle freaks Rafayel out and he asks her what it was and she explained it to him.

Y/n is requested to sit on her bottom as the needle is being inserted into her spine.

Rafayel rushes to her side and holds her hands as she shuts her eyes in pain.

"I'm here, I'm here" Rafayel says, holding her hands.

"Almost done...and done!" The midwife says, throwing the needle away and her gloves.

"I'll come back in an hour and see how dilated you are" the midwife says, exiting the room.

"Jeez, this pain is nothing compared to a period cramp, it's so much worse" y/n says, laying back against the pillows.

"Well, of course you're pushing out a baby, a human" Rafayel says, sitting next to her and holds her belly.

"Are you excited to meet him?" Y/n says, laying her hand on top of his.

"Very, I've been reading so much stuff on it and I still don't think I'm ready but I'm ready to meet him" Rafayel says, caressing her stomach with his thumb.

"Why are you scared to be a daddy?" Y/n asks.

"A lot of stuff. Pressure. Anxiety. Fear that I'm not good enough" Rafayel says, looking down.

"Honey... don't be. As long as you are there to watch him and take care of him, he's got a good future ahead of him" y/n says, grabbing his hand and pressing it to her mouth, "you created a mural for him in his nursery that won't be going away, imagine when he gets older and you explain that to him" .

"I made cause I loved him" Rafayel says, looking at her serious.

"See" y/n says, grabbing his cheek.

Rafayel smiles at her.

Y/n starts to feel a cramp again at the bottom of her stomach.

"Just breath" Rafayel says, grabbing her hand.

"I'm trying...." Y/n says breathing out.

Rafayel wishes he could do something about her pain but he knows he can't. All he can do is just hold her hand and feed her ice chips.

30 minutes go by and the pain in y/n's stomach has stopped for now.

30 more minutes, the midwife shows up.

"Alright, Mrs Y/l/N, how are we?" The midwife says, putting on the gloves.

"Fine, the pain has went down a lot" y/n says.

"Great, now if you just put your feet on these stirrups" the midwife says, pulling up the stirrups (is that what they're called idk lol).

Y/n puts her feet up and the midwife starts examining her from below.

"You are 5 centimeters dilated! You're almost there!" The midwife says, "I'll be back to check on you guys in another hour".

"I don't think he wants to leave" Rafayel says, joking.

"What makes you say that?" Y/n says, playing on her phone.

"He's been in your stomach for a long time now. Almost 3 hours? And still no baby?" He says.

"Hey! I've made a nice cozy home for him" y/n says, patting her stomach.

"Cozy home? I highly doubt him being in you is comfortable" Rafayel says, chuckling getting out his phone.

-an hour later-

Y/n has fallen asleep but was woken up by a sharp pain in her lower abdomen. It's almost as he felt the baby move....lower.

"Rafayel! Page the nurse...ahhhh" y/n says, sitting up.

Rafayel pages in the midwife and they look at how far dilated she is and surprise! 9 centimeters finally!!

"Alright! Mrs. Y/LN, you ready to have a baby?" The midwife says, getting the pool set up.

"Yes! Very much so!" Y/n says, looking at Rafayel.

Honestly, he's ready to meet his son.

A/n: hi guys sorry it took so long to write this chapter! But here you are!
Edit: LMFAOOO NOODLE ☠️☠️
Sorry y'all I fixed it ☠️☠️