Chapter 25

The days that followed were full of love. Besides helping Jin in his restaurant because of the Christmas rush, they were mainly at home. Or cuddling together on the couch or making love on Jimin's bed. On New Year's Eve they all got together. Jin had brought all kinds of tasty snacks from his restaurant and Hobi and Lauren had provided the drinks. They watched TV and played board games together until it was time to go outside to watch the fireworks.

Yoongi puts his arm around Jimin. "It's been a year since I asked you to wait. Can you hold on until summer," Yoongi asks. Jimin looks at him. "And then hyung, what are you going to do?" he asks looking at Yoongi. "I haven't told you yet, but Namjoon introduced me to Big Hit and I went for an interview. I was offered a job there as a songwriter and producer. I will start there after the Christmas break and hope to be able to save more money so that I can come to you more often."

"Oh honey, that's amazing," Jimin exclaims and hugs Yoongi. "I am so proud of you that you have achieved what you really wanted to do. I'm sure you're going to be the best producer in the whole world," Jimin says proudly and Yoongi blushes. He gives Jimin a kiss on the lips, "thank you love."

They turn around when the countdown starts and all count down loudly to one. When the fireworks go off, they make a big group hug while shouting "happy new year" to each other. Jimin turns to Yoongi again and slides his arms around Yoongi's neck. "Happy new year Yoonie, I love you," he says and looks into Yoongi's eyes. "I love you too babe, happy new year to you too," Yoongi says softly and gives Jimin a loving kiss on his lips. Jimin kisses back and together they enjoy each other with all the fireworks around them.

The following week Jiyoon is back with the greatest stories she experienced with her grandparents. The three of them do all kinds of fun things until it is time to say goodbye to each other again. They notice that it is becoming increasingly difficult to say goodbye. Jiyoon in particular has to cry a lot and doesn't think it's fair that her uncle Yoonie has to go on the plane again. But it is what it is and with the promise that Yoongi will be there for her birthday, he boards the plane and flies back to Seoul.

The following months involve a lot of learning for the upcoming exams and a lot of work for Big Hit. Namjoon and Yoongi spend a lot of time together and also have a lot of support for each other when it comes to studying, but also when it comes to missing their boyfriends.

"Namjoon," says Yoongi when they are studying together again in Yoongi's apartment, "Bang Si-hyuk mentioned during our conversation that we would make a good team together. Does this mean that we will work together and if so, will we work here or can we also work in New York?

Namjoon looks at Yoongi in surprise. "I never actually asked him that. I then indicated that I really wanted to work in New York in connection with Jin, but he never gave me a clear answer. We could of course make an appointment with him and ask him what is possible, so that we know where we stand," says Namjoon as he picks up his phone.

He looks for Big Hit's number and gets the secretary on the line. Namjoon asks if it is possible to make an appointment with Bang Si-hyuk and they can see him the next day.

The next day, Yoongi picks Namjoon up at his apartment and they go to Big Hit together. When they arrive at Bang Si-hyuk's office, they can go straight in. They sit down at his desk and the secretary closes the door behind them.

"So guys, how are you doing," he asks Namjoon and Yoongi. "We are doing well sir, I hope you are satisfied with our work so far," Namjoon answers seriously.

"We actually have a question. Both of our boyfriends live in New York and at the end of this school year we will both graduate from college and we would really like to live with our boyfriends in New York. Is there a possibility to work for you from New York or is there another company in New York that we could possibly go to," Yoongi asks while nervously fiddling with his fingers.

"Okay, that's a good question. Let me think about this and see what options are available. Come back here after an hour and we can look further," says Bang Si-hyuk and the boys nod. They walk out of the office, tell the secretary that they will be back in an hour and go to Namjoon's studio. "At least he didn't say it's impossible, so who knows," Namjoon says hopefully.

An hour later, they walk back to Bang Si-hyuk's office together. They are let in by the secretary and sit back down at his desk.

"Okay guys, I've looked at the options and made some phone calls and I think there's a good chance that we'll work it out together." Namjoon and Yoongi look at each other hopefully.

"We do indeed have a subsidiary in America with the same name. This is not well known, so you probably won't have encountered it in New York. I asked if there were any available workplaces there, but there appears to be only one workplace with a studio," says Bang Si-hyuk and Yoongi's disappointment is already starting to increase.

"But...I can offer you the following, because I see that you really want to go there as a team and I also believe that you are doing very well as a team. From September onwards, I would like you to work there together, provided you share the workplace together and occasionally travel from New York to Seoul for possible assignments here." Both boys nod and wait to see what else comes next. "On the other hand, you will be here all summer to help write and produce many songs for various groups that will have their debut this summer and beyond. I really need you here in Seoul and there is no room to go to New York.

Namjoon and Yoongi look at each other and actually already know the answer without talking to each other about it. "Deal," Namjoon says and Yoongi nods in agreement. Bang Si-hyuk smiles happily and gives both boys the contract, which they both read and then sign.

"Congratulations guys and I wish you a lot of fun in our team in New York, although it will take a while before that happens," says Bang Si-hyuk. "I am very satisfied with your efforts and the quality you deliver. I hope we can enjoy it for a long time to come."

Namjoon and Yoongi walk to Namjoon's studio and once they enter, they fall into each other's arms, cheering. "Oh man, Jin and Jimin will be so happy when they hear that we are coming to New York and we can stay there," Yoongi exclaims happily.

"Let's not say anything," Namjoon says. "When we go there for Jiyoon's birthday, we of course have to tell them that we have to work in Seoul all summer and that we don't know how long it will last and that we can't come to New York and then In September we will suddenly be in front of them as a surprise with the great news that we are staying in New York." Yoongi agrees, it will be difficult to keep my mouth shut, but just a little while and then we won't have to miss each other anymore, he thinks happily.