I.

Arabella released a heavy sigh as she woke yet again from a nightmare, her heart pounding in her chest. For the past few weeks, she had been losing sleep to the same recurring dream, each time leaving her shaken. Placing a trembling hand on her forehead, she felt cold sweat trickling down her skin. Gazing out of her bedroom window, she let the chilly spring breeze soothe her exposed shoulders.

Surveying her room, Arabella felt a wave of relief wash over her as she realized she was no longer trapped in the grip of her dream. Yet, a lingering sense of unease hung over her, an unfamiliar blend of anxiety and fear that had settled in her mind in recent days. She sensed a shift in the air, a disturbance in the Force that she couldn't ignore.

"It's just a dream," she whispered to herself, though the words offered little comfort.

Arabella was far from a fearful or anxious soul. Raised by her father, the King of Cosmara, King Soren Ornova, she had been raised to embody courage and self-assurance, destined to one day ascend the throne as a revered and trusted Queen.

Her father, her confidant and mentor, had always been her closest ally. Since her mother's passing during childbirth, Arabella had been the cherished treasure of her father's heart, a living connection to the love they had shared. He often spoke of her mother, reminding Arabella that she was a piece of their shared love, a legacy to be cherished and protected.

Guided by her father's wisdom, Arabella had spent her days by his side, learning the art of leadership and the strategies of war and politics. From swords to blaster training, and even mastering the use of her lightsaber, she had been tutored by the finest instructors her father could procure. He believed in preparing her for any challenge that may lie ahead, instilling in her the importance of readiness in the face of adversity.

At the tender age of six, Arabella had shown promise with the Force, a gift her father had anticipated. While he himself lacked Force sensitivity, he imparted to Arabella all he knew of her mother's connection to the Force. He had considered sending her to a Jedi Master for training but feared the dangers that awaited her beyond the safety of their kingdom. Instead, he became her teacher, guiding her in harnessing the light within her, shielding her from the darkness that had claimed her mother.

Arabella's life seemed idyllic, a princess blossoming into a resilient and compassionate leader. She walked among her people with grace and humility, forming bonds with all, from the humblest artisan to the most esteemed noble. One such friendship had bloomed in her childhood with the daughter of a seamstress, who dressed her in the finest gowns fit for a princess.

When not honing her combat skills or attending to her royal duties, Arabella found solace in the ancient Jedi texts, seeking wisdom in their pages. She governed with fairness and wisdom, resolving disputes and overseeing the kingdom's affairs. Yet, amidst her busy life, she cherished moments of tranquility spent amidst the lush gardens her father had lovingly cultivated for her, a testament to his devotion.

In these gardens, Arabella's connection to the Force flourished, her abilities growing stronger with each passing day. She manipulated water with ease, levitated rocks with a gentle touch, and gathered flowers with a flick of her wrist. Yet, alongside her mastery of the light, she felt a lingering sense of isolation, a whisper of darkness that lingered at the edge of her consciousness.

The same darkness that plagued her dreams, haunting her with visions of a shadowy figure and her own demise. Each night, she found herself trapped in a dimly lit chamber, her senses dulled and her mind clouded. And there he stood, a towering silhouette of pain and despair, his anguished cries echoing in her ears.

"No, Bella, don't!" the voice pleaded, its desperation palpable.

Then came the searing pain, the sensation of her own lightsaber piercing her abdomen, her hands moving of their own accord. As she looked down, a pink glow illuminated the scene, her breath catching in her throat. And amidst the chaos, the dark figure rushed towards her, calling out her name.

But before the nightmare could consume her completely, she would awaken, gasping for air, her heart racing. And in those moments of terror, Arabella longed to confide in her father, to seek solace in his embrace. Yet, she hesitated, knowing his limited understanding of the Force, and fearing the weight of her burden. For whatever darkness lurked in her dreams, she knew it threatened to consume her whole.