III.

"Come on, is that all you've got?" King Ornova teased.

"We've been at it for hours, father, give it a rest," young Arabella groaned, letting herself fall to the ground. Her cheeks were flushed from exertion, exacerbated by the hot day.

"Bella, your enemies won't give you a break in battle."

"Yeah, well, they might," Arabella frowned.

"So stubborn," her father chuckled, "just like your mother."

"What was she like? My mother?" she asked, a question she often posed. Her father always indulged her, sharing snippets about her mother, from how they met to their adventures together.

"She was the most fierce and brave woman I've ever known. Funny and loving," her father smiled, joining Arabella on the soft grass.

"Do you miss her?" Arabella inquired, gazing up at the sky.

"Very much. I loved her so much I would have given the whole galaxy just for her."

"I hope I find someone I love as much one day."

King Ornova chuckled softly. His daughter was so young and naive, unaware of love's complexities. He studied her small, round face, her brown eyes sparkling in the sunlight.

"Yeah, maybe when you're 70," he teased. "For now, you have me." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, planting a kiss atop her head. Arabella sighed and melted into his embrace.

"I love you, Dad," Arabella whispered.

"I love you too, Bella. Now, get up and grab your lightsaber; your training isn't over," he said, rising to his feet.

Arabella rolled her eyes and assumed a stance, the whoosh of her lightsaber meeting her father's sword.

King Ornova could sense his daughter's strength; he was not making it easy for her. Arabella was swift, her abilities surpassing his expectations. He had seen such technique only once before — in his wife, Mara Jade.