VII.

Arabella strolled through one of the many gardens surrounding the castle, her favorite among them. This particular garden was a maze, its twists and turns etched into her memory from childhood. Under the night sky, the moon bathed the garden in its glow, casting a gentle light upon the overgrown Radiantias, Arabella's beloved flowers.

Nighttime was when Arabella sought solace here, connecting with the Force that seemed to guide her steps. The princess held firm to the belief that this communion would fortify her, granting her strength and power. As she wandered, she gracefully levitated a small woven basket brimming with freshly cut blooms. At the entrance to the maze, two guards stood watch.

Suddenly, she sensed it—the air grew chill and oppressive. Her shoulders sagged under the weight of anticipation, a familiar anger stirring within her as he invaded her dreams once more. With a gasp, she spun around, and there he stood before her, the enigmatic figure now clear

-

Kylo Ren observed the young princess from the shadows, her cream-colored robe veiling her face as it draped low. He now had a vivid image of her, the girl coveted by Snoke, the girl he strived to rescue each night within his dreams.

Watching as she delicately plucked another flower, her slender fingers guiding it into the trailing basket, Kylo found himself entranced. What was it about her that captivated him?

Approaching cautiously, ensuring his presence remained undetected, Kylo felt her tension rise as he drew near. The serene aura she exuded moments before now gave way to alertness. As she turned, their eyes met.

Her skin glowed like amber in the moonlight, her caramel eyes dominating her visage. Shock parted her lips, tinted with a delicate pink hue. Waves of chocolate-colored hair framed her cheeks, cascading softly below her chest. Adorning her head was a golden band with stars, a bird motif at its center. She wore a light blue corset and a floor-length skirt, her shoulders exposed but shielded by her robes. In her presence, Kylo felt as though he had never beheld such beauty.

Time seemed to stretch as they drank in each other's features, Arabella's gaze roaming his face in return. Initially anticipating a strike, Kylo sensed her return to the tranquil state she had occupied before their encounter.

"It's you," she whispered.

-

Arabella observed his features, towering over her with a black mask obscuring his identity. His robes harmonized with the aesthetic of his helmet, and a long cowl draped around his neck. Though she couldn't discern his eyes, she sensed his intense gaze.

Contemplating whether to retrieve her saber from the holster at her waist or the sword concealed around her thigh, Arabella felt an odd sense of security despite his imposing presence.

"It's you," she finally broke the silence. "The one from my dreams... I can see you clearly now."

She paused studying him again. She had no idea what his intentions were yet she felt safe. If he wanted to harm her he would have done it when she was distracted. She tried reading his mind but failed, feeling a wall around his thoughts, something she had never experienced before.

"Do not get in my head" he threatened. His voice masked in a robotic tone.

Frowning, Arabella ventured closer. "I can sense you," she stated. "There's anguish within you, pain and conflict."

Kylo Ren remained motionless as she drew nearer, their proximity unsettling.

"I've felt it in my dreams..." she continued, looking up at him. "Who are you?"

Struggling to articulate his emotions, Kylo Ren was at a loss. He didn't know how to feel and that made him angry. This harmless girl didn't even know his name yet she was concerned for him. For the way he felt.

"What has led you to feel this way?" she inquired.

Silent for minutes that stretched like eternity, they stood as if the Force itself surged between them, seeking understanding. It was a sensation foreign to both Arabella and Kylo.

Curiosity guiding her, Arabella reached out her hand, uncertain if this encounter was real or merely another apparition. Kylo's heart raced beneath his mask, sweat forming as he raised his hand in slow motion until their fingertips touched.

With a gasp, Arabella realized he was truly there. But before she could react further, the sound of approaching soldiers drew her attention away. When she turned back, he was gone.

Kylo Ren's eyes snapped open, finding himself back on his ship. His gaze fell to his gloves, her touch still lingering, and he pondered the inexplicable connection forged by the Force. How potent was this bond that he could sense her presence so strongly?

Anger surged within him as he replayed the recent events in his mind. How dare she presume to understand him? She knew nothing of him, yet she felt pity? With a sharp hiss, Kylo ignited his lightsaber, the crimson glow casting an ominous hue on his clenched fist. Gripping the hilt tightly, he raised the blade above his head before bringing it down with a furious strike against the side panel, sending smoke billowing through the ship.

He struggled to control his breathing, consumed by rage. Whoever she was, she had glimpsed a part of him he had fought to conceal.

The princess was now his enemy. He wanted her dead.