Chapter 7

Several potions and healing spells later, Sirius started to look and feel more like himself. His teeth were now healed and his hair no longer matted. The man was still skin and bones, the clothes hung loosely against his thin frame. Evalyn, who had been so happy to see him, had a small burst of accidental magic. Once he popped up from behind a tree, the witch flung herself into his arms with a giggle. She didn't even realize the field of flowers that now grew around them.

After they shared a meal, they laid in the field she created. Evalyn tucked herself into his arm as he laid on his back. She drew soft circles on his chest with her finger. Both of their eyes were closed as the slight breeze blew by them. When she slightly shivered, Sirius pulled her in closer. She looked up to his face and he brushed a stray curl behind her ear before kissing her nose. "I'll have to tell Remus soon, I don't like lying to him."

Sirius scrunched his nose, "You are certain there is nothing there between you two?"

"Yes love, he's just a little over protective of me now. He feels like I'm the only one he has left in his life."

A sigh escaped from his lips, "Give me a bit more time Lynnie, I'm not quite prepared to face the dementors again."

Evalyn squeezed Sirius in comfort, she hated the fact that he went through all of that. "He wouldn't do that to you, I think he would try to hear you out if I talked to him first. But I'll give you a bit more time still."

Sirius propped himself up on his elbow so he could look over Evalyn's features. His free hand grazed her cheek, tracing over each detail of her face. She smiled in return and kissed the palm of his hand. Slowly, she drifted off into a content slumber. Sirius stayed awake, watching her and listening for anyone coming close by.

Once she woke back up, Sirius kissed her forehead. The sun was starting to set and it was getting late. "You should get back love, I'll be alright."

Evalyn sat up, stretching her limbs. "I'll cast some warming charms. It's Hogsmeade weekend so you might want to be careful, you know how students like to wander out here." He stood up, pulling her up to her feet as well and smirked at her.

"I remember me and you had some romantic evenings out here back in the day." His face nuzzled into her neck as he pulled her in for one last embrace. His hands rested on her hips. Evalyn laughed and the sound made Sirius' heart sore. It has felt like forever since he heard the wonderful sound.

He pulled away and then his lips met hers. Sirius walked them backwards, putting his hand behind Evalyn's head just as her back met a tree, not one breaking the kiss. His other hand gripped her waist and their magic seemed to swirl around them. After the blissful moment, their foreheads rested against each other. Silly smiles were plastered on each of their faces.

"I love you Padfoot."

"My darling Lynnie; I love you too."

The next afternoon, Evalyn sat in the DADA classroom with Remus. The two were having tea and the werewolf was talking about some books he had recently picked up in Hogsmeade. All of a sudden, the doors slammed open and a furious Harry Potter stormed in. "What can we do for you Harry?" Remus spoke. Evalyn's stomach dropped as soon as he had walked in. He knows.

"You knew?!" He glared up at the Professor. "You knew he was their friend?!"

Remus looked towards the ground, an admission of guilt. "Yes, we were all friends at Hogwarts."

"And you?!" He seethed towards Evalyn. "Why wouldn't you tell me you were my godmother? Did you think I wouldn't want to hear it? And on top of that, you knew that he betrayed my parents! All that nonsense you said to me about his heart was complete shite! How could Dumbledore let someone as deluded as you even be here at Hogwarts?!"