Chapter 20

Evalyn's fingers tapped upon the desk. On one end of the table sat Evalyn, and a few seats down was Molly. Everyone else had left already, but the red head claimed she needed to stay behind. The two sat together in an awkward silence before Sirius came back into the room with some tea for the two. "What can I do for you Molly?"

The witch's eyes darted between Sirius and Evalyn. She looked honestly hurt. "Does Charlie know?"

Sirius choked on his drink while trying to stifle a laugh. Evalyn glared at him before turning back to Molly. "What do you mean? Know what?"

"That you are back here canoodling with him?" Her hands flailed in Sirius' direction. "I didn't mind that you two fancied each other. When the paper came out that you were together, I was a little hurt that nobody told me, but now I find you here with him again!"

Sirius couldn't contain himself. The man started laughing so he left the room, not wanting to be involved. He decided to stay in the hall nearby in case it got ugly. Evalyn's jaw dropped open, "Surely you didn't believe that article! I would never betray my marriage like that! Don't get me wrong, Charlie is sweet but I am married, and I love Sirius."

"I didn't realize he was still around, you can't blame me. Charlie has always had his eyes on you and I thought you were lonely, it's only natural." Molly's gaze turned less judgmental now that she was aware of the truth.

"I'm sorry Molly, I should have owled you after it came out to clarify the picture. He was just helping me out when some unpleasant things were said about Harry and Sirius."

Molly pursed her lips and gathered her belongings. "Very well, and thank you Evalyn, for allowing us to stay later this summer." The red head brought the blonde into a hug.

The younger witch smiled at her, "Of course, it's the least I can do for you." When she left, Evalyn put a hand to her forehead and groaned. Sirius came back from around the corner chuckling. "Stop, that was dreadfully embarrassing." She giggled behind her hand.

"Did you see the way she looked at us?" He put a hand to his chest as his laughter increased. Evalyn stilled in her spot. Her eyes were trained on her husband lovingly. She watched the crinkle of his eyes, the way his whole body shook as he laughed causing his curls to bounce, and the pink tint of his cheeks from his excitement. His laughter brought a light to the dark gloomy atmosphere of Grimmauld Place. After the incident, she never could have imagined that she would have his smile back or hear his laugh. She didn't even realize that he had stopped laughing until he spoke up again. "See something you like love?" He walked over with a smirk.

Her smile brightened, "Always. Merlin has truly blessed your genetics. I think I'm married to the most attractive man there is."

For once, Sirius grew flustered. In fact, he blushed. However, he quickly recovered. Sirius picked her up from her seat and placed her on the table. His hands gripped at her hips and his lips connected to hers. "I'm married to the most attractive woman there is." A devilish smirk took place on his face as he pulled away. "Come on Lynnie, I want to commit 'atrocious' acts as my parents would call them in this horrid house." Evalyn giggled before pulling him in for another kiss.

The next day, Evalyn paced back and forth in front of a closed door. Kreacher watched from the shadows with a scowl on his face. He wanted to hate the half blood, but couldn't bring himself to do so since he knew the love Regulus had for her. Deciding against going in that day, Evalyn shook her head and walked away. The house elf sighed, almost disappointed that she didn't.

The couple were cleaning the rooms for the upcoming guests. There were cobwebs and dust and unsettling decorations all through the house. If Evalyn saw anything that was creepy, she transfigured it into something happy. She added more lights and plants to make things seem more lively.

"YOU FILTH! HOW DARE YOU STEP FOOT IN THIS HOUSE!" The screeching was heard all throughout the house. Evalyn and Sirius shared a look before running down stairs to his mother's portrait. "BLOOD TRAITOR! AND THE FILTHY HALF BLOOD!"

Sirius struggled to close the curtain before Evalyn spoke up. She held up her hand to show off her wedding ring, "Hello mumsy! How does it feel knowing your blood line is tainted?" Evalyn pouted at the portrait. The frustration grew on Walburga's face. "A filthy half blood is the Black Matriarch of this house, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"HOW DARE YOU?! I WILL NOT BE INSULTED BY SOMEONE LESSER THAN ME! I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!" The portraits eyes widened as Evalyn twisted her wrist, holding flames in her hand threateningly close to her frame. The blonde was finally able to help Sirius close the curtain, silencing the portrait.

"Your mother is horrid sometimes."

"I reckon it was all the incest." Sirius shrugged nonchalantly before tucking his wand into his bun. He wore a muggle t-shirt and sweats. The shirt was just tight enough to enhance the muscle he's gained since he escaped. He looked healthy.

Little did she know, Sirius was also admiring the way she looked. Her hair was in a messy ponytail, with her wand tucked in it. Her glasses were falling down the bridge of her nose slightly. She wore one of his old band shirts that was baggy and hung down to the middle of her thighs. He could tell that underneath she didn't wear a bra, which drove his mind crazy. Her shorts were short and tight, like a stretchy material. They were something he saw the muggle women wear when they were biking. That combined with the way she just taunted his mother made his imagination run wild. He could feel his pants tighten.

Sirius stepped forward without a word and snaked his arms around Evalyn. His hands rested on her butt while he leaned in and nipped at her neck. Then he kissed her like he was a man starved of love. The desperation and the passion in their kiss made Evalyn's knees weak. As if he noticed, his hands moved down to the top of her thighs and lifted her up effortlessly. Her hands pulled at his hair and she deepened the kiss. It was broken slightly as she gasped when her back hit a wall. With her weight being supported by the wall, he took the opportunity to slide his hands underneath her shirt, sliding it up and over her head before tossing it aside. Her eyes rolled back in pleasure when his lips met her chest. She moaned lightly when he bit and sucked on a soft spot, and Evalyn was certain he left a mark.

Just as things were getting more heated, a familiar popping sound was heard from a nearby room. Her eyes widened and she hopped down from Sirius' waist and scrambled to put her shirt on. The couple casually walked into the next room to meet Remus. The werewolf eyed them suspiciously. The matching pink cheeks and disheveled hair. A love bite that peaked out of Evalyn's shirt. He laughed, "Am I interrupting something?"

The two shared a look, "No idea what you mean Moony" Evalyn said at the same time Sirius said "Yes you are." She turned to her husband and gave him a light slap on the arm. "Shut up Sirius."

Remus laughed even harder and walked past them to the kitchen. "Hey Evalyn, next time you might want to put your shirt on the right way." She looked down and turned a bright red when she saw the clothing was inside out. Sirius grumbled in jealousy, not liking that Remus could see her curves without her bra. He summoned a sweater and threw it over her head to cover her up some more.

She raised an eyebrow at him, "What was that for?"

"You're mine." He mumbled and pulled her into his lap after he sat down. His arms wrapped around her waist and he rested his chin on her shoulder.

Remus joined shortly after, taking a seat nearby. "So are you ready for everyone to get here?"

Evalyn pouted and fiddled with her fingers. "I'm ready for Harry to get here."