Chapter 13

Evalyn walked hand in hand with Sirius. Harry was right next to the man while they talked quietly. The clanking of chains was heard behind them as Remus, Peter, Ron and Hermione followed. "You know Harry, now that Sirius' name will be cleared, I think we will all be able to live together."

The boy looked surprised by Evalyn's words. "Do you mean that?" Sirius was barely able to nod before he was tackled in a hug. Evalyn stood nearby watching them with a fond smile.

"You can even pick the house we will live at." Sirius clapped Harry on the shoulder. "We will be a family, like your parents would have wanted."

Evalyn furrowed her brows, "I don't care if I have to threaten Dumbles, you're coming home with us." The witch mumbled, only loud enough for the two wizards to hear. Just as Harry was about to thank the couple, the clouds in the night sky parted. The light from the full moon filled the area and Hermione let out a gasp.

"Professor Lupin?" She took two steps backwards as the man stared at the moon. Sirius ran up trying to get his attention.

"Remus, my dear friend, did you take your potion?" His hands clenched around Remus' sweater as everyone watched.

"Harry, Hermione, run!" Evalyn shouted at them. However the two were frozen in place, not wanting to leave Ron behind.

Hermione decided to step forward in hopes of calming the werewolf. "Professor Lupin, it's us. Please, you know us."

However, the painful shifting of bones was heard and pretty soon he had fully turned. He lunged forward to attack, only to be stopped by Sirius in Animagus form. Peter, taking advantage of the distraction, grabbed a wand. Evalyn's eyes darted his way and her hands shot up to stop him.

She was a moment too late, the traitor transformed into a rat. Evalyn was torn between stopping him and protecting the kids. The sound of growling and teeth clashing filled the night air as the two men fought. Sirius gave everything he had to try and get Remus away from the children.

Snape had regained consciousness, and threw himself in front of the young trio. His wand was pointed straight at the werewolf. Evalyn ran after her husband and friend as they chased each other further into the distance. Sirius was losing steam. He was thrown against a rock with a yelp. Harry watched in awe as the witch threw fireballs near Remus to distract him while her hair glowed brightly.

The werewolf turned his head to her and snarled. She slid to a stop and stared at him, practically begging him to chase after her. So he did. She just needed enough time for Sirius to get up and get moving. Evalyn tripped and fell near a small body of water. Her head hit the ground with a loud thud, sending the world around her spinning. A loud ringing in her ears. Remus hovered over her, ready to attack. "Rem, please it's me." Her hands shook as she held them up, acting as a barrier between her and the werewolf. Tears streamed down her face. "I don't want to do this." She could feel the fire from her magic warming her hands, ready to send them his way. A rock hit Remus in the head, causing the two to turn to the attacker. Harry stood there, ready to run. "Harry, leave now!" Evalyn shouted. Before Remus could go after the boy, a howl was heard in the distance. He hesitated, and looked between the two humans before deciding to run towards the noise.

Sirius stumbled down the hill, now as a human. He was battered and bloody. The clothes he wore were torn up. He collapsed on the other side of the water, away from Harry and Evalyn.

"Sirius!" The two shouted in unison. Evalyn scrambled to her feet and ran to her husband despite her head injury. She fell into the rocky earth beside him, grasping at his hands. Harry fell beside her, checking over the man. "Sirius can you get up love?" Evalyn cried and gently checked over his wounds. Just then, a chill sent shivers down their spines. The small lake froze over. With a gasp, his eyes shot wide open and he screamed at the sky. Evalyn dared to look up and her mouth dropped seeing the swarm of dementors in the sky. She went to reach for her wand, but Sirius' grip on her hands tightened and wouldn't let go.