Chapter 10

The next morning was another Hogsmeade visit. Evalyn made sure the students were on their way, checking for anyone who was not allowed. Little did she know, a certain Potter snuck his way into Hogsmeade. There was also news that Buckbeak would be sentenced to death. Poor Hagrid had spent the day crying in his hut. Evalyn had briefly stopped by to visit, hoping to cheer him up.

Later that evening, after the students were supposed to be in bed. Harry Potter had snuck into the corridors with a map. He had been curiously following a name. However, it was short lived as a Potions Professor caught him. He had just enough time to vanish the contents of the map before it was confiscated.

"Potter, it's awfully late to be alone in the corridors. I'm curious as to what this parchment is." Snape raised an eyebrow at the boy while glaring at him.

"It's just a piece of parchment, nothing special about it. I just got lost."

"Lost? You've been here 3 years now. What will I find on this?" He turned the parchment in his hand and tapped his wand on it. "Revelio" Harry tensed up, waiting for something to happen. When nothing did, Snape said "Show yourself!" Again, nothing. Harry was panicking inside, trying to slow his breathing. "Professor Severus Snape, master of this school, commands you to yield the information you conceal!" Dramatic, Harry thought. He held his breath when words started to form on the map.

'Mr Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.'

Both Harry and Snape froze. Then more words appeared.

'Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.'

As much as Harry wanted to laugh at the cheeky remarks, he couldn't in fear of further angering the man.

'Mr Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a Professor.'

Harry knew he was in big trouble. Anyone could feel the fury that radiated off of Snape. Then one last remark showed up.

'Mr Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.'

"What is the meaning of this rubbish Potter? Do you find this funny? I should be taking hou-"

"Harry there you are, I've been looking for you." Evalyn coolly stepped to Severus' side with a sweet smile. "Good evening Professor Snape, what's with the parchment?" Remus caught up and stood behind her, his eyes slightly widening at the vanishing words.

"Mr Potter has brought some sort of mysterious parchment that seems cursed. Knowing him, it probably is. He is hiding something."

"Let me see that, I am the Dark Arts Professor" Remus cheekily said as he yanked the map from Snape's hands. Evalyn subtly elbowed Remus for his remark. "It looks like it's just a silly joke, probably from Zonko's. I'm sure of it." He swiftly pocketed the parchment while Snape huffed.

"Regardless I must ensure he faces consequences for being out late."

"We will take care of it Professor Snape" Evalyn put a friendly hand on his arm and smiled up at him. "I'll make sure he goes straight to his dorm, and we will give him detention." She guided him in the opposite direction, giving Harry and Remus time to walk away.

Harry looked up to Remus and snickered "She's good at that."

Remus laughed himself, clapping Harry on the shoulder, "Yes, I'm afraid she's the best at diversions. Now get to bed, and don't forget, you have detention."

Later that night, Evalyn sat with Remus. "Is that really it?" She pointed to the parchment on the desk. Remus offered a nod and then shoved it into the drawer. "Hey wait I want to see what it says about me?" The blonde smiled and reached for the drawer. Wanting to entertain her, he pulled it back out and passed it to her. She pointed her wand at it "What should I say to it?" Tapping it a couple times she giggled and said "Open please, it's Evalyn!" Her excitement made Remus laugh heartily as words slowly appeared.

'Mr Moony would like to state that Snitch is the brightest witch but must remind her that she's being nosy and has to ask the others for permission first'

'Mr Prongs says that Snitch is an honorary Marauder and should be granted access.

'Mr Padfoot thinks that Snitch is the prettiest witch in all of Hogwarts and agrees with Prongs.'

'Mr Wormtail thinks Snitch is up to no good and is proud of her mischief.'

Evalyn's eyes lit up in amusement, "This is amazing Rem, I love it." Her fingers ran along the words, as if memorizing it.

He smiled softly at the girl. "Thanks Evalyn, it truly is. Do you remember the password?"

Evalyn nodded and grinned, "I can do it?" Just as quickly as Remus nodded, she tapped the map and said "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Her eyes danced over all of the names that popped up, following the footprints of a pacing Dumbledore. This was the happiest Remus had seen Evalyn in a while, and it made him smile. He watched as she closed it with a whisper of "Mischief Managed." She passed it back to him, the smile never leaving her face. "I think I'm going to head to bed. Thanks Rem, good night."

"Good night Evalyn." After she left the room, he stared at the blank parchment for another long while. Then he shook his head and placed it into a drawer and went to bed himself.