Chapter 23

Harry's hearing went as well as it could. The majority voted that he was not guilty and he would not be expelled from Hogwarts. Evalyn baked him chocolate chip cookies to celebrate. For once, despite the hard times around them, they felt like a family. Harry would talk for hours on end with Sirius and then help Evalyn in the kitchen. They would tell stories while Evalyn taught him the recipes that her and James would make for dinner. Each recipe she wrote down neatly and placed it into a box for him to hold onto when he gets his own place in the future.

When it was time for the kids to go back to Hogwarts, Evalyn was able to go with him. Along with Sirius, disguised as Padfoot. Once they got to the station, the trio dipped into a room with no other people in it so Sirius could transform to send Harry off. "It's a shame you can't come this year Evalyn, it's been nice having you there." The boy held his godparents in a tight hug.

She waved a hand dismissing him, "Eh I'll show up if you need me."

Sirius barked out a laugh, "She's not lying, I don't think Dumbledore himself could stop her from getting into the castle if you called for her." His grey eyes twinkled with joy. "Don't get into too much trouble this year."

"It's not like I'm trying, trouble seems to find me." Harry shrugged with a troubled look on his face. Evalyn ran her fingers through his hair to try to fix the untamable mess. "I will write to you?" It was a question, he was unsure if he would even be allowed to.

Evalyn nodded and smiled, "Yes, please write. Just don't use real names, I'm sure you'll come up with something." She winked before gesturing to Sirius to change back into a dog. The man pouted and yanked Harry into another bone crushing hug.

"I will see you at Christmas Harry." They hugged for a little while before Sirius transformed. The dog walked close to Evalyn's side, glaring at anyone who looked their way.

When they came to a stop, Evalyn grew teary eyed. "I finally get to send you off to Hogwarts." She wiped away the tear with the sleeve of her jumper and smiled. "I'll miss you Harold."

The boy scoffed and rolled his eyes with a grin. "I'll miss you too Evie." He held his arms open for her, which she gratefully accepted. She watched as Harry boarded the train with his friends before catching a bright blonde head of hair. When she walked in the boy's direction, Sirius walked even closer to her. Evalyn knew that if Sirius were human, he'd throw a fit about seeing the young pure blood.

Draco stood with Blaise and Theo, just chatting with them until it was time for the to board the train. His shoulders relaxed ever so slightly after his parents left. The sound of a dog whining caught his attention and he turned around to see Evalyn. His silvery eyes lit up considerably and he pulled his friends into a hidden corner. Evalyn, catching his gesture, practically dragged Sirius over to him. The dog whined, not wanting to go that way, but gave in nonetheless for her.

When she made it, Draco hugged her. Blaise and Theodore offered polite smiles, with the latter practically bouncing in anxious excitement. After Draco pulled away, she looked at the other two with a raised eyebrow and her arms open to silently ask them if they wanted one. Theo didn't even hesitate before throwing his arms around her.  He let go to give Blaise the opportunity, who took it politely. Evalyn giggled when Theo went to pet her dog. Sirius sat patiently with a glare at her. "Boys I hope you have a good year, you are more than welcome to owl me if you need anything. I won't be at the school this year unfortunately."

Theodore gasped dramatically and his hand froze on Sirius' head. "Why not?" Draco scoffed. "That's ridiculous."

"I'm not sure honestly, they didn't feel the need to bring me back for whatever reason." She gave the three Slytherins an apologetic look.

"We will see about that." Draco crossed his arms.

"Thank you Mrs. Evalyn, for helping us." Blaise gave her a kind smile showing off perfect teeth.

"Of course, I'll always be there for you." She gave a smile before pulling the three of them together and squishing them in one big hug. "Now off you go before you miss the train."

Upon getting back home, Sirius laughed lightly. Evalyn turned to him with a small smile, "What is it love?"

He wrapped his arms around her from behind and placed a kiss on her shoulder. "You might be the most open minded person there is. I don't think there is a single person other than Voldemort himself that you wouldn't give a chance."

She hummed, "They are good kids, I know it. They're just put in a bad situation." Out of nowhere, an idea came to mind. "Hey can I invite a couple of people over for dinner?"

"You can do whatever your heart desires Lynnie." He placed another kiss but this time on her temple. "You don't have to ask me for permission."

Her face lit up and Sirius watched her as she ran off to send an owl. He shook his head fondly, pleased to see his wife happy. To help her out, Sirius started cleaning up to prepare for their guests.

It wasn't a surprise when Remus showed up. Evalyn greeted him with a smile which he returned with a kiss on the top of her head. The werewolf then gave his old friend a hug. Evalyn set the table while the two men sat and talked. A crash was heard in the next room and Evalyn brightened up. "Our other guest has arrived." She clapped and ran out leaving the two men speechless.

"Sorry for the —." Tonks hair changed colors rapidly when her eyes landed on Remus. Her head whipped around towards Evalyn who gave her a cheeky smirk. Remus' cheeks flushed and avoided eye contact with the married couple. Sirius nudged him and gave him a pointed look before nodding in Tonks direction. His eyebrows wiggled suggestively as he grinned.

"Great! Now that everyone is here we can eat!" Evalyn flicked her wand and the food came floating into the room. "Dora, obviously you already know Remus and Sirius." The blonde took a seat next to her husband, leaving the one by Remus open. With a plate already being set in the empty space, Tonks had no choice but to take that seat.

Both of their cheeks were tinted pink and she turned to Remus. "How are you?" Evalyn's eyes darted between the two in amusement.

"I'm great, how are you doing Dora?" He muttered quietly. His posture was tense and he sat up perfectly straight. He gripped his fork with a nervous hand.

Evalyn, in all of her excitement, reached under the table and tapped Sirius' knee. The two made eye contact and he sent her a cheeky wink. Small chitchat was made, with Evalyn and Sirius leading the conversation. Once everyone finished eating, Evalyn stood up and glanced at her husband. "Sirius love, come help me clean up the dishes."

"But —." The grey eyed man pouted but quickly shut his mouth and stood up when Evalyn looked at him. When he followed Evalyn to the kitchen, he cast a spell to clean the dishes. "You think your plan is going to work?"

"I hope so, did you see their faces?"