Chapter 19

"Evalyn" A deep voice grunted from behind her. She turned around with a smile.

"Moody, everything alright?" Her eyes darted to the Triwizard Cup in the man's grip. "Is that it?" She pointed to the trophy.

"Yes, would you help me put it in the maze?" He started walking outside where the big hedge walls blocked the view of what lay inside.

Evalyn quickly ran up beside him. It took her by surprise how quickly the man could move with a limp. "I'd love to." Luckily, lessons were finished for the day so Evalyn was already changed into something more comfortable. She talked mindlessly about what has happened that day before a new thought popped in her head. "Do you know what happened to Mr. Crouch? I figured if anyone knew it would be you." Her head was down as they continued walking throughout the maze.

"No." The short answer bothered Evalyn.

"Nothing at all? I reckon he had it coming. I'm not a hateful person but the man had enemies. He should have learned to treat people better instead of worrying about his image." She fiddled with her bracelet, thinking about what the man did to her former friend. It didn't even occur to her that the ex Auror had fallen a few steps behind. Or that he pointed her wand to the back of her head. Darkness consumed her as she collapsed to the ground.

Her hands gripped at the grass underneath her. Slowly her eyes blinked open, taking in her surroundings. Evalyn was in a graveyard. With a groan she sat up and wiped at her eyes to get rid of the last of the fuzzy spots in her vision. Upon gaining full consciousness, she stumbled to her feet when several death eaters came into view. Her wand was missing. There was a spot of dried up blood on the side of her head from where she hit the ground. One death eater had their wand pointed at her, conjuring some sort of magical barrier between her and the rest of them. It was like she was trapped in a bubble.

An eerie voice spoke up, "Bring me to her." Evalyn nearly exploded when Peter walked up to the barrier. 'Is that a baby?' She thought as she glanced towards the bundle. Peter squirmed as she got closer, afraid she could break through the wall. "Evalyn, what a pleasure it is to see you again doll." The baby rasped.

The witch's eyes widened when it dawned on her who this individual was. "Voldy?!" She cackled, it was a laugh that could rival Bellatrix's. "Is that you?! Bloody hell! You're a baby!" The death eaters surrounding her tensed at her blatant disrespect. They watched as she bent over laughing, bringing her hands up to wipe her tears. "That's brilliant."

"Silence!" Voldemort shouted. This action made her laugh even harder. "I wanted to grant you front row tickets to the show." It was his turn to laugh when Evalyn quickly shut her mouth. His laugh sent shivers down the spines of everyone in the graveyard. A whirling sound was heard nearby, and nobody made a sound. Voldemort looked up to Peter with a sinister smile. "It's time."

Evalyn screamed when she saw Cedric and Harry, but they couldn't hear her due to a silencing charm. Her magic grew haywire, the golden light of her hair and eyes reflected off the barrier. Spell after spell she cast with her hands, but each one deflected off the wall. Peter said those two words, making Cedric's body drop. Never in her life had she felt so hopeless. Harry couldn't even see her yet. But she could see him. She was forced to watch the ritual that brought back Voldemort's form.

Suddenly, the death eaters and Evalyn were summoned. Voldemort taunted them, making them beg for mercy. The barrier around her flickered when Lucius became distracted. It was him holding the spell. If Evalyn could time it right, she could break out and help Harry. Her golden eyes darted between Voldemort, Harry and Lucius, trying to form some sort of plan. However, when Voldemort laid a finger on Harry's forehead, Evalyn lost it. The boy shouted in pain as the ground shook underneath her and Lucius.