Chapter 21

A house full of people is not something Evalyn was used to. She tried to play a good host, but between the twins' antics, the screaming of Walburga, and everyone running around, her head was throbbing. Sirius was much more gracious than she was with their guests. In fact, he was thrilled to have them since he had been stuck in the house for a long while. She sent a look to her husband and he cleared his throat, bringing the attention onto him. "I am going to get some rest before the meeting later, if you need anything please ask Remus." The werewolf stared at the man before looking at Evalyn. He saw how exhausted she looked and agreed to help. She followed her husband upstairs so they could take a long nap.

Before the meeting, Evalyn changed into Sirius' old quidditch jumper and some shorts. She plaited her hair and splashed some water on her face. Having so many people around her made her nervous. Memories of the old meetings haunted her, hardly any of the original faces of the Order were still around. Sirius leaned against the door frame, waiting patiently for her. Her hand found his as they took the stairs down to the meeting room. They children were sent away, but Evalyn caught sight of what looked to be an ear dangling from a string. Sirius sat at the head of the table, Evalyn directly on his left, Remus on the right. Tonks, a younger Auror came in and tripped over a chair leg on her way over. Kingsley and the Weasley's were gathered around the table as well. Evalyn sent a tight lipped smile to the real Moody, and eyed a familiar face as he walked in.

Severus Snape. He had ignored her presence, choosing instead to sneer at Remus and Sirius. Sirius raised his goblet, a taunting smirk on his face, "Snivellus, what a surprise. Taking a break from death eater duties?"

The man scoffed, but didn't retort. Evalyn nudged her husband with wide eyes. "Not here love, it's not the time for that." She whispered to him. He shrugged and took a sip of his water.

"I can't help myself sometimes."

The meeting covered the plans to pick Harry up from his house the next evening. It would be safer for him at Grimmauld Place, and he had his trial coming up soon. Evalyn was on the team to go pick him up, with Sirius unable to go. The others were Remus, Tonks, Kingsley and Moody. There was a separate team as backup in case something happened to them. Evalyn leaned over to her husband and whispered, "Moony on a broom is still crazy to me."

Sirius chuckled and whispered back, "It's just so awkward to picture, imagine he has his briefcase with him?"

The werewolf picked up on their conversation and glared at the couple. "Isn't she the one who has troubles on a broom?"

Evalyn let out a fake gasp and held her hand over her chest in mock offense. "How dare you? I'll have you know I was the best flyer in all of Hogwarts." She turned her nose up while the two men started laughing.

"If you three imbeciles are finished" Snape drawled out. Evalyn hung her head in embarrassment. Remus tried to stifle his laughter with his hand, while Sirius smirked boldly at the Professor.

"Oh yes, I believe we are, my sincerest apologies." Sirius bowed his head, but his voice oozed of sarcasm. Evalyn slapped his knee and giggled under her breath.

"I bet he's just jealous because I beat him in flying in Hogwarts." She snickered quietly. Remus couldn't hold in his laughter anymore. The trio's laughter spread amongst the others and pretty soon the majority of the room had joined in. Evalyn caught a glimpse of Remus and Tonks sneaky glances at each other with pink tinted cheeks. She repeatedly tapped Sirius' leg and subtly gestured between the two. Sirius' eyes widened and he smiled back at Evalyn and nodded. Plans were being set into motion after that.

The next night, Evalyn bounced excitedly on her feet holding onto her broom. The fact that she was going to bring her godson home in a couple hours overjoyed her. Sirius laughed as she stood next to Remus, nearly shaking out of her boots because she was so happy. "Calm down love, you can't fly straight if you are shaking." He wrapped an arm around her and placed a kiss to her temple.

"Oh hush Sirius, like I said, I'm the best flyer there is." She puffed out her chest in mock confidence. He raised an eyebrow at her and barked out a laugh.

"Whatever you say Lynnie, be safe out there. You too Moony. Make sure she gets home." The werewolf nodded and gave his friend a hug. Sirius watched as the team took off to the skies, not going back inside until he could no longer see them. Even when he did, he sat by the window with his eyes trained on the spot they left from.

Evalyn and Tonks were giggling when they made their way inside the Dursley's home. The two witches both tripped going up the stairs to Harry's room. Despite Moody trying to silence them, they couldn't help it. Tonks lit up her wand while Evalyn unlocked the door. Once they pushed it open, Harry stood on the other side with his wand pointed at the group.

"Wotcher Harry!" Tonks smiled.

"What are you doing here?" He whisper shouted.

Evalyn ran forward and tackled him in a hug. "We are here to take you home Harry." She whispered into his hair.

"Home?" The teen's lip quivered as he held her. "Do you mean that? I haven't heard from anyone all summer, I thought- I thought you—." He sobbed lightly.

"No Harry I wouldn't leave you, we will explain when we get there. I would never abandon you. Ever."

Moody grunted, "Its time to go." The group made their way downstairs before Evalyn made a brief detour to the kitchen. She left a bowl of Fred and George's Canary Creams with a note that said 'Thank you for watching over Harry! Enjoy these sweets! Love, his Godmother.'

She met them outside, and the group took off to the air. Once they landed, Harry watched in amazement when the building in front of him started to shift. "Now I know it's not the ideal place to stay, but this is it."

He looked down at her with a smile, "I'm with my family, there's nothing more I could ask for." They walked inside, and Hermione and Ron tackled him in a hug.

Evalyn, expecting him to be thrilled to be reunited with his friends pulled Sirius aside. "Let them have their space, you can say hi in a little bit." Everything was fine until they heard Harry raise his voice. She peaked her head around the corner to see what was happening, and found Harry yelling at his friends. "Harry is everything alright?" Evalyn stepped out to redirect his attention onto her. Hermione was in tears and Ron was standing defensively beside her.

Harry turned to Evalyn, his eyes were glazed over with rage. "No everything is not alright. You left me in that horrid place after everything I went through and no letter, no visit, nothing came from any of you. And I get here and I find out that everyone is having a jolly good time here without me?!" It was not the first time someone she loved has lost it on her, so she showed no signs of flinching or backing down.

A soft smile is what she gave him. Evalyn willed all patience she had into her words. "I am sorry, you should know that if we were able to, me and Sirius would have gone immediately to get you. But some people decided it was in your best interest to wait. If you want, we will answer any of your questions. But first, say hello to your godfather before he pushes us all out of the way to get to you. And then spend some time with your friends. Maybe apologize while you're at it, they were only doing what they were told."

Harry peaked around Evalyn, and sure enough Sirius was standing there with a huge grin. He was trying to play it cool by leaning against the door frame, but Evalyn could tell he was getting anxious. It was like a switch was flipped in Harry's mind, and Evalyn witnessed the anger seemingly melt away from his body. She shook off the uneasy feeling it gave her and chalked it up to just teenager things. Harry and Sirius shared a hug before the boy ran upstairs to find his friends.

"That boy is something else." Evalyn shook her head and prepared the table for the meeting.