Chapter 14

A few months passed by. The couple had travelled to France, Italy, Spain, and were now somewhere in Greece. Sunlight peaked in through the window, waking Evalyn ever so slightly. She stretched, tangled up in the sheets next to Sirius. One of her legs was draped across Sirius' legs, while her head laid on his chest. She lazily traced over his tattoos with her finger, waiting for the man to wake up.

His nose twitched slightly and his arm reached around her and grasped her waist. Evalyn giggled as Sirius flipped them over so that he laid on top of her. His head fell to her chest as she ran her fingers through his hair. The feeling made him groan in pleasure, which sent a shiver down Evalyn's spine. He pressed small kisses on her chest and collarbones before propping himself on his elbows to hover over the witch. She sent him a blinding smile making his heart flutter.

"This is my favorite part" She whispered as she brought her hands up to cup his face. His eyes darted across her features, savoring every aspect of her face.

He smirked. Merlin how I've missed that smirk. She thought. Lust and mischief lit up his eyes before he leaned down to her ear, "I'm sure I can show you something that might be better this." He softly kissed her jaw before taking another look at her. Her cheeks were now dusted pink, and she bit her bottom lip to hide a shy smile.

"How about we bet on it?" He raised an eyebrow at her question. She smiled up at him, "If you can show me something that will top waking up next to you, I will take you to the beach later. But if you can't, you have to let me plait your hair." His face grew smug, and Evalyn knew she would lose the bet.

"It's a deal Lynnie." Immediately, his hands pinned hers down to the bed. He gave her a sweet kiss on the lips before moving straight to her neck. Sirius adjusted so that he held her hands in one of his while his other one moved to her waistline. Soon after, Evalyn experienced one of the best mornings she has ever had.

A couple hours later, after they freshened up, Evalyn walked down to the beach. A big black dog by her side. She slightly wobbled going down the steps to the sand since her legs were sore from the previous activities. If someone looked closely, one could see the dog nearly laugh at her troubles. She wore a navy two piece swimsuit, the bottoms were high waisted, coming up to her belly button. Over it she had on a white lacy sundress. Her hair was pulled up into a messy bun, some stray curls falling down around her face. The traveling allowed for the witch to slightly tan. Her glasses still sat on her face, and Sirius thought she was the most beautiful person to ever walk the Earth. He trotted alongside her, happily glaring at any man who stared too long at her.

Evalyn threw a ball lazily to Sirius, letting him play fetch to stretch his legs. She stood knee deep in the water, watching him run back and forth with a fond smile on her face. One throw went a little farther than normal, and she was startled when a man came up next to her. He looked to be in his mid to late 30s. His eyes were a piercing blue and his blonde hair was dripping water onto his face. "That's a nice dog you have there."

Evalyn jumped slightly in shock and looked at the man with furrowed brows. She muttered a quick thank you while walking closer to the shore. The man, not seeing that she wanted to be left alone, followed after her. "My name is Jeremy, me and my friends were hanging out and I saw you over here and I couldn't help myself. I just had to get your name."

At this point Sirius had turned back around with the ball, ready to give it back to Evalyn. Instead he saw the troubled look on her face and dropped the ball. He ran closer picking up on the conversation, "My name is Catherine." She knew better than to give up her real name. However, she glanced over to the man's group of friends to see if she recognized anyone that could be after Sirius. Not seeing anyone, she turned to Jeremy, "Sorry, I'm just waiting for my husband to get home from work." His face slightly faltered, but a smirk made its way back. The smirk made her uncomfortable, it was nowhere near as charming as Sirius'.

"No worries love, you can hang out with me until he's back." Evalyn continued walking, making eye contact with Sirius. When she got closer, the dog stood beside her, snarling at the man.

"I'm not interested." She went to turn away, but a hand grabbed her wrist and turned her back around.

"It will be fun, trust me." Sirius stood in between them, making Jeremy back off slightly. He let out a growl and nudged him back further.

"No thank you, and trust me, he bites." The man looked down at the dog frightened before running off. Evalyn sighed and looked down to Sirius. "Let's go home, I'll make us some dinner." Little did they know, the blonde man watched them leave, taking note of where they were staying.

Evalyn was humming a song while cooking chicken and potatoes. Sirius had taken a shower after making sure she was okay. The back door creaked open which Evalyn didn't hear due to the sound of her cooking. Two hands wrapped around her waist but the feeling was unfamiliar. She whipped around to meet blue eyes and went to scream but his hand covered her mouth. Her eyes flashed golden, making the man falter just as Sirius left the bathroom.

He bolted into action immediately, sending a stunning spell at the man. He was shot across the room and landed with a thud on the floor. Sirius stood over him as he groaned. "What the hell was that man? What are you people?"

Evalyn snickered and whispered "He's a muggle."

Sirius kicked the man in the ribs "How dare you touch her?"

"I don't want her anymore, she's a freak. Just let me leave." Fury filled Sirius and he pointed his wand at the man. However, Evalyn took a couple steps forward and cast an Obliviate before knocking him unconscious. The two placed him outside near a dumpster with some empty alcohol bottles.

Just as they got back, an owl swooped in carrying a stack of letters. The first had swirly cursive and looked expensive.

'Mrs Evalyn,

Are you coming back anytime soon?

D.M.'

She giggled at the letter. She could practically hear the slight attitude in his voice when she read it. The next looked like scribbles, but she recognized it as Remus' handwriting.

'Dear Evalyn,

Thank you for the Wolfsbane. I hope you are doing well. Send Snuffles my love as well. Things are getting hectic around here after the events of the Quidditch World Cup. I hope you can make time to visit soon.

Moony'

The third one was from Dumbledore. Immediately she frowned and opened the letter with shaky hands. Whenever he wrote, it was usually bad news or he needed something from her.

'Dear Mrs. Evalyn Black,

I've heard from Mr. Lupin that your travels are going well. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your vacation. However, I am afraid I have to ask a favor. The Triwizard Tournament is here at Hogwarts and a certain student has been entered into it. I request that you get here as soon as possible to help with the tasks. He will need all the support he can get. The first task is November 24th.

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore'

She passed it to Sirius who read it over. Immediately, he packed their bags with a swish of his wand. "Who is possibly trying to kill Harry now?" Evalyn muttered in exasperation.

Sirius gave her a grim look, "It's more like who isn't? We can head that way and I'll camp out somewhere while you are at the school." He placed a reassuring kiss to her temple as he read the last letter over her shoulder. It was from Harry.

'S & P,

I don't know how, but I'm in the Triwizard Tournament. I cannot do this, I don't know how. Everyone is mad at me. Please help.

H.P.'

His words broke their hearts. How could anyone do this to a child? How could Dumbledore allow him to compete? Evalyn cracked her neck, right before she apparated them back home.