Chapter 43

The first 2 weeks, Evalyn spent chained up in a cellar. Draco and Narcissa had brought her food and water whenever they had a chance to sneak away. When she showed that she wouldn't fight back, Voldemort ordered her to be put in a room. The room was covered in wards, the window was unbreakable and she could only leave through the door if somebody let her. The cuffs on her wrists were left there, making her magic almost nonexistent. She could still feel a small flicker of it that was holding on for dear life. A small elf named Togsy cleaned her up and brushed her hair into a beautiful updo. Two braids were wrapped around, making it look like a crown. Diamond pins were placed carefully, giving it a royal look. "What is all this for?" Evalyn asked the elf kindly as the small being snapped her fingers to have the witch's makeup appear.

The elf said nothing, and guided Evalyn back into the room where a dress lay on the bed. Evalyn furrowed her brows and ran her hand over it. "I don't understand. Why do I have to dress up?" Just as she said it, Narcissa walked in. The woman had been nice to Evalyn. Almost worried for her safety. That is to be expected however, when she had essentially gave up her life for Regulus and Draco's safety.

She spoke slowly in response. "He has a plan for you." Narcissa helped Evalyn get changed into the dress after sending Togsy away. "I'm not quite sure but I have an idea." Her voice was a faint whisper so nobody could listen in. Evalyn frowned and sighed as she looked into the mirror. The gown was the color of blood. A deep red that made Evalyn feel uneasy. The top was a corset style, enhancing her womanly curves as Narcissa tightened it perfectly. Her shoulders were left bare, showing off the scars that laid on one side. Long lace sleeves ran from the top of her bicep down to her wrist. The bottom had a black lace layered over the same dark red satin. It flared out slightly, but wasn't puffed out like a ball gown. They had taken away her jewelry, and replaced it with shiny silvery ones adorned with matching red gems. Narcissa helped her into a pair of black heels. Upon standing back up, the witch looked at Evalyn for a moment with a sad smile. "Thank you, for helping them." She turned around and held the door upon for Evalyn. The blonde hung her head as she stepped out and anxiously bit her lip. Whatever was in store for her was not going to be good. She expected him to make her a follower, just a soldier lost amongst the ranks. Not whatever this was.

They made their way into the meeting room. Gone was the need for masks and Evalyn could feel all eyes on her as she walked through the door. Several of the men eyed her hungrily, Bellatrix eyed her with jealousy. Voldemort had yet to appear so she stood awkwardly beside Narcissa and Draco. The latter refused to look at her since he was ultimately the reason why she was here. The doors opened once more and everyone shifted. Their postures became straighter and all of their heads were bowed slightly out of fear and respect. She didn't have to turn her head to know who came in. The cold hand she familiarized with him wrapped around her arm and nearly dragged her to the head of the table where his throne sat. He took a seat, yanking Evalyn down on top of him. As if she were a trophy instead of a human.

She tensed as his grip on her tightened, keeping her locked in place. He laughed in her ear. "Did you think this was going to play out differently?" Evalyn refused to answer, and looked down at her hands. In a second, the cuffs were transformed into shackles and she frowned slightly. "I own you now doll, you will be my most powerful weapon." A tear started to fall down her face.

He gripped the back of her head now and forced her to look up to the group of people around them. "She belongs to me. Nobody will touch her without permission from me."

A death eater that Evalyn didn't recognize dared to speak up. "What will she do? She won't fight for us. You really think she will become your weapon? I don't believe she will listen to you."

Voldemort stared at the man before raising his wand at him. He screamed as he floated to the center of the table. Nobody dared to move in an effort to stop it. The woman that Evalyn assumed to be his wife sat in her seat sobbing. As tension grew, Evalyn shifted anxiously. His hold on her head forced her to watch the scene in front of her. "Nagini." A giant snake slithered upon the table. The hissing that came from the creature made Evalyn wince.

"Stop!" She whispered. Voldemort laughed quietly in her ear. Evalyn forced herself away from his hold and stumbled to her feet. "I said stop!" This time it came out louder and almost confident. Her head was held high as Voldemort looked at her in amusement.

"This Evalyn," he gestured to the man and the snake, "is what happens when someone questions me." A flick of his wrist sent the snake lunging at the man. He was nearly devoured whole by Nagini. His screams echoed in Evalyn's mind. Another flick and Evalyn was pulled by magic onto the table in front of him.

He stood up, looking at her with an evil glint in his red eyes. "You will have two choices doll. You will be beaten into submission and take my orders while you are by my side, or you will be bred until you give me daughters that I will mold into what I need them to be. After all, once we win the war I will need them to keep our control over those who disobey."

"I'd like to see you try." She sneered down at him. "Our deal was that I wouldn't fight back, not that I would listen to you. Not that I would follow —."

"Crucio."

A blinding pain shot across her body. She collapsed onto her knees in front of everyone. Her screams made Draco nearly flinch. A trickle of blood formed from her nose. Once the spell was lifted, she panted and pulled herself into a sitting position. Her eyes met the ones of the Dark Lord. The green ones that have showed kindness to many were now wild. The look made Voldemort grin wickedly. She spit on him, a combination of saliva and blood. "Do your worst, bitch." Her chest heaved as she tried to catch her breath.

This time, instead of a spell hitting her, it was the palm of his hand. The slap echoed in the room, her cheek turning immediately red from the hard impact. He gripped her jaw and forced her to face him again. Once her eyes looked into his again, he cast the unforgivable once more. He found glee as he saw the pain make its way into her eyes. This time, the spell was so intense that she went unconscious. Narcissa put a hand on Draco's underneath the table to give him some form of comfort. The Dark Lord turned to the Malfoy family.

"Take her away. Lock her up in her room until I say. Don't tend to her injuries." Narcissa nodded and levitated Evalyn out of the room.

Once she awoke, she saw that she was changed into a silk set of pajamas. Her body felt like it was on fire as she trudged to the bath. When she lay in the warm soapy bath water, she cried. Her thoughts consumed her. There wasn't a reality where she could let him use her powers against the light side. Where he could breed her to form an army. She must have sat in the bath for an alarming time, because Narcissa came in. She looked away from the tub politely. "Get dressed again Evalyn. I have a potion for you out here."

The truth was, Narcissa snuck in a potion to help ease the pain. It wasn't permanent, but it was something to bring relief momentarily. When the bathroom door clicked shut, Evalyn struggled to get to her feet and put the clothes back on. Her hair had fallen out and was in a big tangled mess that she didn't care about. Narcissa waited for her by the bed with a tray of food and the potion. Evalyn eyed them hungrily but said nothing as she sat down.

"It would be easier on you if you would listen to him."

"You don't understand Narcissa."

Narcissa let out a bitter laugh. "Look at me, I think I understand more than anyone."

"Do you know how many people will die if I let him use me? He would use me against every single person I love and care for. You say it would be easier to listen to him, but I can either die while he's torturing me, or I can wish I was dead while I witness the life of my loved ones leave their bodies at my own hands."

Narcissa left without another word. That night, the potion was consumed but the food went untouched.