Chapter 28

The three stood outside of 4 Privet Drive. Evalyn was in front, Sirius stood on the step behind her on her left, Regulus right next to him. The witch wore simple muggle clothes and her hair done nicely, falling in smooth curls down her back. Sirius wore a button up tucked into some jeans, and his usual leather jacket. His hair was pulled back into a bun. Regulus wore the same type of shirt, but tucked into slacks. His black curls framed his face neatly and cut off right around where his ears were. Evalyn knocked lightly on the door and released a hesitant breath. Sirius pinched her side softly to let her know he has her back. Regulus stared at the door with a blank look on his face.

The door cracked open to reveal a plump angry man and a stern looking woman with an oddly long neck. Evalyn gave a polite smile, while the couple in the door stared at them. "Hello Mr and Mrs Dursley —."

"We aren't interested." Vernon slammed the door in her face, causing her to lose her smile. Sirius scoffed and moved in front of Evalyn. He knocked on the door even firmer, causing the windows to rattle from the force. Vernon opened the door again and looked up to Sirius without an ounce of fear. Regulus stepped up beside his brother. Both of them wore the same sneer as they looked down on the muggle man. Vernon faltered slightly under their gazes, but still insisted. "I said we are not interested in whatever you have to offer."

Sirius pushed past the man into the house, not caring that he wasn't invited. Regulus put his arm behind Evalyn and guide her past the shocked man. "Get out of my house!" He screamed when he gained his sense back. Sirius' boots made loud thuds with each heavy step he took. He gazed around the living room at the pictures, none of which showed Harry.

Evalyn stared at the makeshift door underneath the staircase, knowing that's where Harry slept for many years. Her fist clenched as she tried to control her breathing. She turned to Petunia, choosing to ignore Vernon. "Petunia, I never got the chance to meet you. Lily always talked so fondly about her loving sister." Evalyn raised an eyebrow at her, showing her confidence. The couple of the house paled when they realized that their intruders had magic. "I will keep this simple and as polite as possible given the circumstances." She stepped forward, running her fingers softly along the wall under the staircase. She toyed with the lock. "We are here for Harry. Our godson." She looked to Sirius who was now standing with his arms crossed.

"We don't know of him." Vernon tried to say,

Sirius pulled out his wand and twirled it in his hand, "You're lying, you can either let him go with us willingly, or we take him anyways and then alter your memories." He smirked and booped Vernon on the nose with his wand.

"HARRY!" The boy had been listening already and bolted down the stairs. He engulfed Evalyn in a hug first, making her stick her tongue out at Sirius.

He led her to his room so he could gather his belongings. "Thank you Evie, this really means a lot."

"Anytime Hazzah, I couldn't let them stand in my way of bringing you home."

When the group made it back to Grimmauld, the Order was already waiting for them. Everyone gaped at Regulus, who held a blank face. Snape was the first one to speak, "Oh joy, the family is back together." He was slightly bitter that Lily hadn't been the one to come back. "Tell me Regulus, how does it feel knowing your family motto has been ruined?" He gave a sarcastic smirk. The man was taunting the Black brothers to try and get a reaction from them. Instead, Evalyn dragged the two to their respective seats at the head of the table for the meeting to commence.

The Order was clearly nervous about the former death eater. Moody eyed him the whole meeting, Molly would occasionally send a glance his way, just like the rest. The only unbothered ones were the kids, Remus, Sirius, Evalyn, and Dumbledore. There was a long argument on whether or not they could even trust him. After a couple of hours, Evalyn pinched the bridge of her nose and groaned. "What if he takes a Vow?"

"Nobody in this room would trust him enough to take the Vow with him girl, it's just asking for death." Moody grunted. "Wasn't he close with the one who trapped me for an entire year?"

If the comment hurt Regulus, he didn't show it. He excelled at showing no emotion. "Need I remind you who was also friends with him?" Evalyn questioned, "I am not asking any of you to take it, I will do it. I trust him with my life." They thought for sure that Sirius would protest, but the man simply gave his wife a warm smile of approval. A vote was taken, and it was agreed that they would do an Unbreakable Vow to show whose side he would be on. Moody volunteered to cast the spell, and Evalyn allowed him to do so.

Regulus clasped his hand in Evalyn's and looked her in the eyes. "Do you Regulus Black vow with your life to fight for the light with the Order?"

"Yes." His eyes never strayed from hers as the magical rope wrapped around their hands and arms.

"Do you Regulus Black vow with your life to not betray any of the Order of the Phoenix in order to help the Dark side?"

"Yes." Evalyn sent him a small smile, not showing any fear as the second rope wrapped around their hands and arms.

"If these vows are broken, death will come for both you and Evalyn Black, do you understand?"

"Yes." His hand squeezed hers and the ropes faded into matching scars on their hands. The ones from Evan's vows had faded after his death, so the new ones made her think about their time in Hogwarts. She pulled Regulus into a hug, letting him know that she was okay with it. The boy honestly didn't care which side he was on, as long as it was with Evalyn and his brother. He wasn't going to give them up this time.

As everyone was leaving, Regulus made his way to his former friend. His hand wrapped around Snape's arm and pulled him forcefully into a nearby corridor. Reggie's wand was pointed at the man's chest and he sneered at the man. The crazed Black family mania lit up his eyes. In fact, the look rivaled that of Bellatrix'. "Friend or not Snape, insult my family one more time and it will be the last you will ever speak."

Severus showed no fear, but deep inside he knew that the Black family was serious when it came to their threats. "My apologies Regulus."

The boy gave a short nod and lowered his wand. "Besides that, it is good to see you."

Snape's lips turned upward slightly. It was almost a smile. "Yes indeed." His dark eyes locked onto Evalyn who was hugging Tonks and Remus. "If you'll excuse me." Regulus watched him walk over to the blonde and say something to her. She gave him a nod and the two walked to a separate area. He decided to walk closer to overhear the conversation.

Evalyn was unsure what the Professor could possibly want from her, but she followed him regardless. She was always willing to give someone a chance.

"I wanted to apologize for my comments earlier it has been brought to my attention that what I said was rather.... Inappropriate and unprofessional." Evalyn furrowed her brows, clearly shocked by his apology.

"No worries Severus, I certainly haven't always been the nicest to you. I assume we can put this behind us and start over?" She held her hand out to make the agreement.

He eyed her hand carefully before speaking, "You really trust him? Even considering which side he was previously on?"

Her hand was awkwardly positioned in between them, waiting for his hand shake. However, she refused to drop it. "Yes Severus, I know he will do the right thing. I believe everyone can do what's right, even if they weren't always on the good side." She gave him a kind smile, one that lacked any judgement of his former decisions. Suddenly, he grew uncomfortable with the mark on his arm. He knows that Lily would be ashamed of what he has done. And here this witch was in front of him, being friendly to him despite what lay under his sleeve. She was willing to set their differences aside to give him a chance. Without a word, he placed his hand in hers and gave it a firm shake. After that, he left without telling anyone goodbye.

Sirius came up beside Evalyn, "What did he want?" He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her head to rest on his chest. Her eyes were trained on the spot where the Professor was just standing.

"He apologized."