Chapter 45

A lot of yelling is what Evalyn awoke to. She froze in bed, almost afraid of the commotion occurring in the rest of the manor. After taking a deep breath, she stood shakily on her feet and tiptoed to the door. Since she was unable to open it, she pressed an ear to the cold wood. The words were all incoherent through the thick door. A sigh left her lips as she rested her forehead upon it. Evalyn limped back to the bed and laid on it. Her stomach grumbled but she tuned it out and shut her eyes.

Meanwhile, Harry, Ron and Hermione had been caught. After the chaos died down, the boys were drug to a cell where a few others were staying. Hermione was taken into a separate room by Bellatrix.

Greyback had opened the door to Evalyn's room and yanked her from her bed. She snarled at him and wriggled in his grasp. His vicious eyes took in her distraught appearance with delight. Her curls were wild and disheveled and her pajamas were torn slightly from his claws. Evalyn's hands found the bedpost and held on with as much strength as she could muster. Her bare feet kicked at his chest. The werewolf let out a snide laugh before forcefully removing her grasp and throwing her over his shoulder. His claws pierced into her side causing her to bleed. Honestly, the witch was frightened. Seeing him instead of Narcissa, Bellatrix or even Voldemort meant that something else was happening. To her horror, she was thrown down onto the ground next to Hermione. When she tried to crawl over to the teen, Greyback pulled her back and held her on his lap. His breath hit her neck sending a wave of nausea through her. "No" was all she could whisper.

Hermione met Evalyn's eyes in panic. Bellatrix walked into the room cackling. A familiar knife that had dug into Evalyn's own skin twirled in the witch's hand. "Bellatrix stop this. Hurt me in—." Her words were muffled by a rough hand. Greyback growled lowly next to her ear.

"If you don't shut that pretty mouth of yours, she will be my dinner tonight once Bellatrix is done with her." His drool landed on her shoulder as he spoke. Soon enough Hermione's screams rang through the manor. Evalyn forced to watch as the young girl was tortured. Tears ran down her face, causing Greyback to laugh.

Draco had taken this moment to fetch Evalyn's belongings. 3 items of jewelry and a wand. He slipped them into a tiny bag that had an extension charm in it and went downstairs. His orders were to grab Griphook and bring him to Bellatrix. What he walked into was Ron and Harry trying to restrain Peter Pettigrew's silver arm from killing himself. They however, were unsuccessful. The man had died in his hesitation to harm Harry Potter. The blonde was also surprised to see that the other prisoners had vanished. Without a word, he tossed the two Gryffindors the bag before pulling the goblin back upstairs.

The crazed witch yelled "Crucio," hitting Hermione for the third time. Evalyn finally had enough and slammed her head back, successfully breaking Greyback's nose. He yelped and pushed her off in shock giving her freedom of his claws. Bellatrix was about to cast the curse again when Evalyn through herself in front of the green light. She screamed and collapsed next to Hermione who was unconscious. Greyback stalked up to the fallen females, ready to claim his prize. He leaned over, about to bite Evalyn, when Ron and Harry burst into the room.

The two made quick work of disarming Bellatrix and stunning Lucius. However, Narcissa, Draco and Greyback all sent spells their way causing them to take safety behind the couch. Bellatrix cackled and took a small knife to Evalyn's side. The blood started to pour out considerably. Slowly her vision started to fade as she blinked up at the lights above her. The witch then pulled Hermione to her feet, the same knife poked into the younger girl's throat.

Harry and Ron surrendered their wands, also noticing the other presence that was fading quickly on the floor. Harry's heart clenched has the light seemed to drain from Evalyn. However, a squeaky noise diverted everyone's attention upwards. Dobby had returned and unscrewed the chandelier. Hermione had been released so Bellatrix could jump. Draco cast a weak Depulso that went unnoticed by everyone so that Evalyn would be pushed out of the way. He was then disarmed with all three wands being yanked from his hold. Harry used them to stun Greyback while Dobby disarmed Narcissa.

Harry tossed Ron a wand who used it to disapparate with Hermione and Evalyn. He then grabbed Dobby and Griphook who had the Sword of Gryffindor and vanished just as Bellatrix threw her knife at them.

When they appeared on the beach, Fleur and Ron were helping Hermione inside to treat her wounds. Bill had no time to bring Evalyn in. Her breathing was shallow and she was losing blood at a rapid rate. He worked furiously with all of the healing spells he knew to try to help her. However, Harry was more focused on Dobby, who laid in his hands. A knife directly in his chest.

"Harry Potter..." the house elf muttered just as death stole him away. Luna knelt beside Harry as he cried. Soon after she was healed, Hermione and Ron joined them in burying him.

Bill had closed up Evalyn's wound and levitated inside. It was only then that Harry realized his godmother's state. The trio joined her at her bedside. The witch was still unconscious and there was no telling when she would wake up. Her injuries from the weeks seemed to finally consume her. Scars littered her body. She had lost a considerable amount of weight. Despite Fleur changing her clothes and washing her wounds, blood still seemed to tint her skin. She looked as if she were teetering on the fence between life and death.

Bill quietly left the room after checking her breathing and heart rate once more. The teens had fallen asleep in a pile by her side. He sent a patronus out with a short message.

"She is here. Come quickly."

When the words came to Sirius, he was halfway through a bottle of muggle whiskey. The blue light made his head pound and the words seemed to be a jumbled mess. Luckily, the younger Black brother heard the message. He quickly got dressed and pointed his wand at Sirius while casting "Aguamenti." The stream of water hit right at his face, sobering him up almost instantly.

"Bloody hell you twat! What was that for?" He pushed himself off the couch and stormed over to his brother.

"Shut up and get dressed. They found her."

The world around him seemed to collapse. His hearing was gone and replaced with an obnoxious ringing. The room was spinning and his breath became rapid. Sirius nearly stumbled to find his wand. Regulus pinched the bridge of his nose and gave up. He took his brother's arm and apparated them to the safe house.

When they landed, Sirius shrugged off his brother and ran towards the door. However, before he made it, Bill stepped out. Sirius tried to push his way past him but the man had a bit of werewolf strength in him now.

"Let me in there. I need to see her. I need to see Lynnie." He seethed and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. Regulus caught up with a worried look etched on his face.

Bill looked between the two with sad eyes. "Before you go in, you need to be quiet. She is not awake yet and she's had some nasty injuries. I'm not sure when she will wake up but she needs rest. All of them do."

Sirius froze in place as he took in those words. Tears pricked at his eyes and his knees almost gave out. His heart raced wildly thinking of all the possibilities of what could have happened to her. Regulus gripped for his hand, causing him to turn towards his brother. His younger brother had tears of his own forming, his mouth turned downwards in a small frown. One could tell he was trying his hardest to keep his bottom lip from trembling. It was hard for Bill to see the two Blacks, the two men who were taught to show no emotion, no vulnerability, be so open. To show their pain so clearly. With a death grip on Sirius' hand, Regulus stepped forward first. Together they walked silently to the room to see Evalyn Black.