Chapter 34

"It's too dangerous for you to marry me!"

"You haven't had an issue being with me this far! I don't care about the fact that you are a werewolf!"

"I could hurt you! Why can't you see I'm trying to protect you!"

"I am a grown adult Remus! I don't need your protection!"

The shouting match had taken place right at Grimmauld Place. Evalyn and Sirius gave Remus a disapproving look from the sidelines.

"I'm sorry but the answer is no!" Tonks stormed outside leaving a guilt ridden Remus behind.

Evalyn turned to Sirius, "Talk to him, you know him best. Knock some sense into him." She left the room to follow after Tonks.

Sirius strolled over to Remus and put a hand on his shoulder. "That was messed up mate."

"I don't want to hear it." Remus scowled and ran a hand over his face. "I'm only doing what's best."

"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one Moony. When will you realize that you are surrounded by people who don't care about your monthly issue?"

"I can't give her the life she deserves Padfoot. I have no money, I turn into a monster once a month. I can't hold a job."

Sirius thought over Remus' words. "I was practically a child when I married Lynnie. Everyone was basically in hiding. Sure my Uncle left me some money, but Lynnie didn't care about that. She was able to look past my family name, my past. She dealt with my anger issues and my drinking. Merlin knows I was a handful. If you have someone who is willing to look past your flaws and still love you, why would you want to lose that? We are in the middle of a war Moony, love her while you have the chance. I had 12 years wasted in Azkaban, when I could have spent them with her. You never know when the happiness could be ripped from you."

Remus sighed "Who would have thought Sirius Black could be so wise when it came to love?"

The grey eyed man smirked, "I always have been Moony, nobody wanted to listen to me though."

"Well your advice was rubbish back then."

"I found the best woman I could ever ask for! I think that counts for something!" He laughed and nudged his friend. "Go get your girl before I beat your arse for hurting my cousin."

When Remus went outside, Evalyn made her way back to her husband. "I'm assuming it went well?"

"Of course it did, you're talking to the love master." He puffed out his chest and threw his arm around her shoulders.

Evalyn scoffed and smiled up at him. "You're so full of yourself."

He leaned towards her ear and whispered lowly, "You could be full of me if you wanted." Her eyes widened and she turned a bright red color. She turned and slapped his chest lightly.

"That's enough Sirius, we have guests over."

He simply shrugged and winked at her. "Okay, but that hasn't stopped us before love." Sirius laughed as Evalyn hid her face into his chest to hide her embarrassment.

It was around March when Harry came into Evalyn's office. He had just gotten back from Dumbledore's office where he just watched some more memories of Tom Riddle. "You've met Tom before right?"

Evalyn, who was organizing papers on her desk paused and then turned to Harry. "Tom who?"

He picked up a treacle tart and started snacking on it. "Riddle, obviously." The boy rolled his eyes as he pulled out his assignments.