Chapter 32

Sirius snuck out of their bedroom just before the sun started to peak through the window. The children would be arriving at the Burrow later today for the holiday break, and he wanted to prepare breakfast for Evalyn before they went over. However, he is not allowed to use the kitchen without supervision. He tiptoed to Regulus' room, cracking the door open ever so slightly. "Pssst Reggie!" He whispered. The words were not heard however, so Sirius crept inside and shut the door behind him as silently as possible. He cast a silencing spell in the room before jumping on top of his brother.

"FUCKING HELL" Regulus woke up with a groan. He scrambled to push Sirius off but failed. "GET OFF YOU BIG OAF!" Sirius laughed into the covers but refused to move from his spot. Regulus rolled his eyes and wriggled his hand free from under the covers and muttered a quiet Accio for his wand. He concentrated on Sirius' clothing and whispered Wingardium Leviosa.

"Reggie put me down!" Sirius reached to grab anything to hold him down when he started to hover off the bed. Regulus sat up laughing, keeping him floating in the air as he got out of bed. With his free hand, he ruffled Sirius' hair before darting into the bathroom. "Regulus Arcturus Black! Put me —." He landed on the floor with a loud thud. Moments later, Sirius glared up at his younger brother. "I came to ask for your help."

"It better be something worth waking me up this early for." Regulus peered outside, noting that the sun just started to peak up over the horizon.

"I need you to watch me in the kitchen." Sirius mumbled quietly. Regulus looked blankly at him, as if he didn't hear what he said. "I wanted to make Lynnie breakfast and she told me I'm not allowed in the kitchen by myself." He looked to the ground, almost embarrassed by his words. A pale hand was stuck out in front of him, making him look up from his spot on the ground.

"I haven't got all day, let's get this done." Sirius scoffed but smiled, he knew that was a lie. The two brothers did nothing every day, and it wasn't going to change any time soon.

After burning the toast three times, Regulus decided to step in. He cleared the mess with his wand, and watched as Sirius put new bread in the muggle toaster. With Sirius facing away from him, he muttered a spell, making the now perfectly toasted bread pop out of the machine. His eyes widened when Sirius grabbed a knife to cut up some fruit. "How about you cook the eggs, and I'll cut the fruit?" Sirius grinned and passed him the knife, nearly cutting both of their arms when he slung it around. As he cast a spell to cut the fruit using magic, he said "You really love her huh?"

Sirius cursed under his breath seeing the bacon get slightly charred on the ends. He pulled it off the stove and set it aside thinking it would be good enough. "More than anything Reg." He said softly. "I didn't think it was possible for us, considering how they raised us. The whole love thing that is." Regulus frowned, thinking about Barty and what they had before things got bad. When he didn't say anything Sirius continued. "She makes it easy though. I don't think anyone deserves someone as good as her. Especially someone like me. Merlin knows what would happen if they try to take her away again." He plated up three plates and set the table.

Regulus noted that the third spot was set right next to theirs, instead of across on the other side. He also noted that Sirius made him tea while he made coffee for himself and Evalyn. "You're not bad Sirius. I mean E is like levels above you yeah, but you are worthy of her love. I don't think I've meant a more compatible couple."

Sirius placed a hand over his chest and wiped away a fake tear with his other. "My brother is getting soft on me." Regulus' face immediately turned emotionless and was about to retort when Evalyn padded into the room. He smiled at her before scowling at Sirius and flipping him off.

Evalyn eyed the two "Good morning lads, I see you have been busy." She gestured to the plates of food on the table. Her eyes narrowed at Sirius who stood proud by the meal he created. "Did you do this alone?"