Chapter 44

Sirius and Regulus were at a loss. They had bounced from Order member to Order member trying to find someone who would help get Evalyn back. As much as they all cared for the witch, it would be a suicide mission. There simply wasn't enough people to get her out of Malfoy Manor. Regulus had locked himself in his room after the final person said no. The feeling of not being able to save her weighed him down. Sirius had taken to alcohol again. The two men simply became shells of their former selves.

It wasn't much better for Evalyn. She only ate when food was forced down her throat. In her mind, withering away was the only option she had. Her hair grew dull and brittle. Her eyes were sunken in and there was no more light in them. Voldemort or Bellatrix would stop by occasionally to torture her. Never the same way twice, various curses, potions and even muggle forms of punishment were used against. Her body was tattered in bruises and scars.

A meeting was called, and Narcissa was in charge of getting Evalyn dressed up again. Like a doll. This time her dress was solid black and slim fitting. Strapless, and the fabric around her abdomen was a sheer thin material. It was made to show off the damage they have done. This time, no shoes were worn since she struggled to even stand on her own. Her hair was pulled back loosely in a low ponytail. Instead of makeup, Narcissa cast a beauty charm that covered her bruises. Together, they slowly made their way to the meeting room. Once they opened the door, two brute hands yanked her from the only person Evalyn could tolerate.

Fenrir Greyback dragged her to the center and tossed her down. Her legs gave out from underneath her and she collapsed to the floor. Voldemort eyed her curiously before pulling her jaw upwards to examine her face. His eyes narrowed before he waved his wand over her. The charm came off, revealing all of the wounds done by him. A smile, if one could call it that, formed on his face. "Have you decided your fate Evalyn?"

She refused to answer, keeping her eyes trained on the ground. "Mulciber." The man stepped forward eagerly. "How would you like to go against Mrs. Black?"

He smirked down at Evalyn, "It would be an honor my Lord." A slight bow of the head came from him to show respect.

"Very well." A swish of the wand and the table and chairs moved. Everyone stood around the center of the room as the witch refused to get to her feet. "Get up Evalyn." She sat with her head still down in defiance. "Crucio." Instead of the spell hitting her, a death eater around Evalyn's age was hit. "If you refuse again, someone will die. Their blood will be on your hands." The woman's screams rang in Evalyn's ears. "Now get up."

It was a struggle to rise to her feet. Voldemort walked in front of her and reached for her wrists. With a cast of his wand, the magic restraining cuffs let up slightly. A small return of her magic washed over her. It wasn't a lot to work with, but at least she wasn't defenseless.

Of course, Mulciber hit first. A stunning spell hit Evalyn in the arm after he caught her off guard. She glared at him as she stalked forward slowly. With each step, her legs shook, wanting to give out again. An attempt to throw fire at him failed, she didn't have enough power to do it. Her frustration grew with each spell she couldn't defend herself against. After landing on the ground for the first time she screamed in anger causing the floor beneath her to catch fire. One by one she conjured small rocks in her hands and fired them at him. Blood dripped from her mouth and thigh from her injuries. Anger wasn't even the right word to describe what Evalyn felt. It was blinding rage due to the war, the killings, the bloodshed. All because of one man's selfish desire for power. The man who killed her brother and his wife. The man who had her parents killed. And his followers, fulfilling every order with joy and pride.

Mulciber tried to block himself from the onslaught being sent his way. When he tried to run from it, Evalyn lifted a hand, the earth growing and locking his ankles in place. Fear filled his eyes as she came closer. The dress she wore was smoking at the bottom as it dragged through the flames she created. With one hand, she grabbed him by the collar. Her blood dripped onto his face as he blinked wide eyed up at her. Specks of flaming gold formed in her irises. Her other hand hovered over his throat, and although she only had access to a small percentage of her powers, her fingers twitched.

Mulciber felt a sharp pain through his body. From the outside, it looked like she was contemplating whether to choke him or not. But on the inside, she was slowly pulling the water from his body. He screamed in agony and she had barely even started the process. Everyone watched in confusion aside from one. Voldemort stepped behind Evalyn and placed a hand on her shoulder. "That's it doll."

At his words, she faltered slightly. Her hand lowered a centimeter as she thought about her actions. Sensing her hesitation he spoke up again. "Do you know how many people he has killed? Abused? Women, children, the elderly." Her hand lifted back up and she tightened her hold on him. "He is always one of the first to volunteer for a task, so eager to do harm to others." Her brows furrowed. "Did you ever hear about what he did to a girl named Mary while he was still in Hogwarts?"

Mulciber was on the brink of being dead. Yes, she could have said he deserved it. But the way she would do it is torture. He was just about to be finished off when she heard Voldemort whisper under his breath.

"Magnificent." Her head turned slowly to see him staring at her hands in amazement. In one motion, she sent the fluid back into Mulciber making him collapse while sending a burst of flames at Voldemort. However, that strong use of power made her body give out. Just as her vision went black, she hit the floor with a loud thud.

That night when she woke up, three Slytherins were cleaning her visible wounds. Evalyn scrambled to sit up only to have Theodore guide her back down. "What are you doing in here? You are going to get in trouble."

Draco grumbled in response. "They can't do anything too bad unless they want to lose you."

She looked to Blaise and Theodore, "Are you two?" They both shook their heads before Blaise explained.

"Our parents are, but not us. At least not yet. We came because Draco told us what happened to you."

"Then you need to leave, I can't protect you if they find you helping me."

"I made you something." Theodore slipped a small wrapped treat into her hand. When she held it up to her face, she noticed it was some sort of brownie. At least, an attempt of a brownie. He sat on the edge of the bed, looking at her expectedly. Evalyn bit into it with a brief moment of hesitation. It was completely awful, but she still smiled.

"It's delicious."

"Merda, è terribile." He ran a hand down his face but laughed regardless. Once she was cleaned up, the boys gave her a gentle hug.

"We will try to help you as much as possible Mrs. Evalyn." Blaise whispered. She shook her head.

"Don't worry about me boys. Just keep yourselves safe. Look after each other."

"Nonsense, you are always there for us. Let us do the same for you Miss E." Theodore smirked at her before the two exited the room.

Draco lingered behind for a moment. "I'm sorry Evalyn. This is my fault." Tears formed in his eyes. She reached out her hand which he took.

With a gentle squeeze she said, "Never be sorry for needing me Draco. No matter what, I will always be there for you. Now get out of here before someone gets suspicious." He gave her one last apologetic look before closing the door behind him on his way out.

Little did they know, the next couple days would bring more chaos.