Chapter 12

The group chased after the rat until they reached the Whomping Willow. Evalyn hesitated as Ron dove for the rodent, effectively catching him. "Ron get up and come over here now."

Harry and Hermione were quick to appear next, "Harry do you realize what tree this is?"

"RON RUN!" The two yelled to their friend while Evalyn took a couple steps forward. Scanners wriggled around in Ron's grasp, trying to break free.

Ron's eyes widened as he caught a glimpse of a giant black dog behind Harry and Hermione. He pointed behind them and shouted at them to run. Before they could move, the dog ran forward growling. But instead of attacking Harry, he leaped over the two and went straight for Ron.

At least that's what they assumed he went for. Evalyn stood in shock, seeing Sirius drag Ron away by the leg. However, once the two students ran towards him, she quickly bolted into action. She knew Sirius wouldn't purposely hurt Ron, so she decided to make sure Harry and Hermione wouldn't get too hurt by the tree. Its branches swung around, aiming at the three. Evalyn took one straight to the gut as she sent up a protective wall of rock around Harry, who was lying on the ground. Hermione, who was being flung around grabbed the boy and sent him into the hole in the tree. She followed after him. Shortly after, Evalyn slid down into the tree as well. The group headed towards the shack, with Evalyn gripping her wand and her eyes flaming bright.

"Harry, let me go in front, I'm the adult here." Her words fell on deaf ears. Stubborn headed Gryffindors. She rolled her eyes and followed after them into the Shrieking Shack, where the sound of Ron's wailing echoed.

"Are you alright?" The kids ran over to Ron, checking him over. Fear was shown all over his face as he raised his hand towards the door.

"It's a trap! He's an Animagus!" Evalyn stood frozen in the middle as the trio turned towards the door. With a creak, Sirius pushed it shut. He stepped forward, close to Evalyn. Her eyes darted between everyone in the room, worried about where this will go.

Hermione pushed Harry behind her, "If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too." She looked towards Evalyn, "Do something!"

Before Evalyn could speak, Sirius spoke again. There was a crazed look in his eye and Evalyn couldn't blame the kids for being scared of him. "No, only one will die tonight." The blonde witch turned to him in shock, these damn Black dramatics.

Harry pushed forward, "Then it'll be you!" He tackled Sirius to the ground, his hands around his throat. He pulled his wand out and pointed it straight at his face.

Instead of being scared, Sirius laughed "Are you going to kill me Harry?"

"Sirius knock it off" Evalyn shouted just as Remus busted in and called out Expelliarmus. The wand flew out of Harry's hand and across the room. Remus had his wand trained on Sirius, and Evalyn was getting ready to stop it.

"Well well Sirius, looking rather ragged aren't we? Finally the flesh reflects the madness within."

"Remus wait a min—" Evalyn stepped forward.

"Well you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you Remus?" Sirius chuckled from the ground. The crazed look was still in his eye. Evalyn took another step forward, ready to jump in between Remus' wand and Sirius.

To everyone's surprise, the werewolf smiled at Sirius and helped him up off the ground. They hugged each other as Sirius cried "I found him! It's him." Evalyn made eye contact with Remus and he nodded at her. She breathed a sigh of relief before turning towards the kids. The look of betrayal on each of their faces.

"I trusted you!" Hermione shouted at Remus. "And all this time, you've been his friend! He's a werewolf, that's why he's been missing classes!" She turned to Evalyn, "And you! You probably knew where he was this whole time! You were probably the one helping him all year!"