Chapter 25

When Christmas came the kids had a bit better spirits. Evalyn spent the night before decorating with Sirius and Remus to surprise the kids. She straightened up the presents and double checked to make sure everything looked okay. Remus clasped a hand on her shoulder making her turn around. "Everything looks great Evalyn, they are going to love it."

She bit her lip anxiously, "I don't know, it's our first real Christmas all together since Harry was a baby. I just want them to be happy, as happy as they can be at least." The two watched as Sirius fell over while he was trying to hang garland on the top of the tree. Evalyn winced and scrunched her nose. "Alright there Sirius?" The man groaned and held up a thumbs up signaling that he was okay. Remus chuckled quietly. "We should head up and get some rest. Make sure you are up for breakfast on time, I'll be making everyone's favorites."

Sure enough, the entire household woke up to the smell of wonderful food. Sirius had gotten up to help her, but Evalyn stuck him on tea and coffee before telling him to set the table. Muffins, pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon, pretty much anything that was breakfast related was made. She even made special cinnamon buns that Remus tried to hide for himself. Just as all of the teens tucked in some more visitors showed up. Evalyn greeted them in the other room with a huge smile. "Children! Come out here really quick! You can eat after you say hello!" She called out to the dining room.

All at once, the Weasley children froze in the doorway. There in the living room was their mother and father. Arthur was sitting in a wheelchair and still looked a bit peaky but he was alright. "Merry Christmas!" He cheered with a big smile. His words interrupted their shock and pretty soon he was tackled in a hug. Harry lingered towards the back feeling a bit awkward. Molly pulled him into a warm embrace and guided him to Arthur. "Harry my boy! Thank you for what you did! If it weren't for you I don't think I'd be here to celebrate Christmas with our family." Evalyn's heart warmed at the sight as she leaned against the frame. Sirius came up beside her with a huge smile.

"I love Christmas." He whispered against her temple before giving her a quick kiss.

Come the new year, Dumbledore informed the Order that Harry would need to be taught Occlumency. Naturally, Evalyn went to offer but the Headmaster rejected her. Instead at a meeting, he announced Snape would oversee it. Evalyn sat with her fists clenched under the table. She glared down at the wood, unhappy with not being able to help. "I can do it Professor. I think you may have forgotten who taught me." Evalyn looked up and raised an eyebrow to him. Regulus, Evan, and Barty excelled in the field and between the three of them, she learned to block her mind from the most powerful of wizards.

"Your efforts will be best used elsewhere, and you are not at Hogwarts this year. We need someone who is around Harry while he is in school." Snape gave a smug look towards Evalyn and Sirius.

"But we haven't done anything?!" Sirius groaned and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

"Ah how horrible, getting to sit at home during a war while everyone else is risking their lives" Snape drawled out with a sneer.

Evalyn stood up, her chair scraping loudly across the floor. "How dare you?! I have given you chance after chance to show you aren't a shitty human being but every time you prove me wrong. You are so blinded by your hatred for everyone and everything that you want to push everyone away by bullying them. It is not his fault that he is stuck here and you know it. Sirius would put his life out there to save anyone in this room before you would even consider it." She snarled before sitting back down. Evalyn was fed up with people treating Sirius like he hasn't given everything to this war. The witch was fed up with people assuming that their efforts did not matter.

Sirius shifted in his seat, the words that Snape said played on repeat in his mind. The man was right. All he has done was sit around and play host. It killed him to not be able to help. The thoughts troubled him greatly.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, "He will start lessons once the term begins, I trust that you will make sure the boy can protect himself Severus?" Snape gave a stiff nod before leaving. The headmaster turned to Evalyn. "If he fails, I will allow you to come to Hogwarts and help him. However I believe he can get it done."

A couple weeks passed and Evalyn had not heard from Dumbledore. She had to hope that Harry's lessons were going well. In the meantime, her and Sirius dueled more often. They were practically in sync with each other. The two were some of the most skilled in the Order, even without her extra powers. He allowed her to use him as target practice when she wanted to try them out.

She tied her hair into a messy ponytail and threw on Regulus' jumper and a pair of shorts. Today, she wanted to get in a workout. In the middle of stretching, Sirius snuck up on her. He walked quietly up behind her and covered her mouth with his hand. His wand was pointing softly into her side and he held back a laugh. "I got you Lynnie." He said as she jumped in shock.

In her mind, she couldn't help but smile. With a quick fierce motion, her elbow dug into his rib cage and her other hand found the one holding his wand. She bit down on the hand over her mouth and spun around, twisting his wand up under his chin. There was a brief flash of shock in his grey eyes before he smiled. The look of victory on her face was everything to him. He could have easily beat her again, but seeing her smile made him take the loss. "It looks like I got you love."

Several sets of push ups, sit ups, and other various exercises later, Evalyn went to take a shower. A groan left her lips as she ran the hot water over her face and achy muscles. The sound was heard outside the bathroom door where Sirius was debating on entering. It drove him wild. He cracked open the door, and stepped inside. The steam enveloped his body as he sat himself on the counter. "What is it Sirius?" She didn't bother opening the curtain since she was busy washing her hair.

"Mind if I join? It sounds heavenly in there." Even though she couldn't see him, she could tell he was smirking.

She peeped her head out and narrowed her eyes at him. "No funny business." In a haste, he quickly stripped down and tossed his clothes aside before stepping in. She was facing away from him as she washed the soap out of her hair. Evalyn did a quick plait of her long golden curls as to get them out of the way so she can cleanse her body. Sirius' eyes tracked the bubbles that slid down her backside. His hands grasped at her hips and he pulled her backwards to meet his front side. "I said no funny business" she chuckled and leaned her head back on his chest. Her eyes darted up to see him smirking down at her.

"I'm just helping you wash up love." His hands slid up and down her sides. She let out a pleased sigh when he started massaging her aching shoulders. Evalyn turned around and kissed his lips. The hot water ran down both of their faces. He kept to his word, there was no funny business. The two just took turns washing each other.

Afterwards, they were both wrapped up in fluffy robes. Sirius combed through her hair and redid her plaits. When he finished, he gave Evalyn permission to do his hair as well.

Remus showed up, not expecting the couple to be in matching robes and matching hairstyles. It pained him to bring bad news when they were clearly so happy. He stood outside their bedroom door, listening to the joyful giggles. His hand hovered over the wood from a moment before giving it a quiet knock.

Evalyn padded to the door and opened it with a big smile when she saw the werewolf. "Come on in Remmy! We are having a slumber party today!" His heart clenched. Immediately, she picked up on his troubled mood and her smile fell. "What is it?"

He held out the paper, and Sirius grabbed it from him. Evalyn peered at it from his side. Her hand covered her mouth as she gasped.

'MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN'

She skimmed for names and picked up on Bellatrix, Antonio Dolohov, and Augustus Rookwood. All three were death eaters. Sirius' hand found her free hand and he pulled her close. "Looks like my dear cousin has decided to follow in my footsteps." He tried to lighten the sour mood but failed. Evalyn cleared her throat and set the paper down.

"How about we watch a movie?" The boys gave no argument, knowing that is exactly what she needed at the moment.

Authors note:

I don't know,
Should I keep Sirius alive?

And

Should I find a way to bring Reggie back?

Let me know what y'all think.

Love you <3