[27]

As it came to be the twenty-first, Reina left out without telling anyone that she was leaving out. She walked to the place where her god father was going to be buried and she saw her god fathers, parents there. They instantly went up to her and hugged her tightly. "We're sorry you lost your father sweetie."

Reina just nodded her head and said nothing as they walked into the chapel together. Reina sat on the left side of the chapel as she saw that her god father had already been cremated and an urn was placed beside the best picture of her god father. A priest had talked about her father for a bit before she was allowed to go up and talk about her god father.

"Luna Wuu...I honestly thought that he was my blood father-not my god father. Either way, when he wasn't working himself to his inevitable death...he was a good father figure to me. I adored having him as my father. He treated me well and gave the best advice that a man could give his daughter. I'm happy that he had protected me as much as he had and listened to me while he could. I was there with him on his death bed, I was there for his last moments. I was glad that I was able to get there when I did. He was rather good at hiding his struggles and pains from me and his ex wife. He was dealing with heart cancer and many other things that ended up catching up to him." Reina said as she balled her hands up on the podium

Reina teared up as she remembered the night that she had lost her father figure. "T-The last words he spoke to me were words of love and compassion...something he never did till then. I never heard the words 'I love you' come from him before then. Knowing that all this time he did truly love me and care for me...it...it was good to know that at least he loved me while I was growing up. I may not hold his family name, but I am more than happy to be known as his daughter. God daughter or not...God father or not...he'll always be my father who I love and cherish dearly."

As Reina finished speaking she broke down crying, her god grand father helped her down as she was in tears before he went up with his wife to talk about their son. Afterwards everyone was able to pay their respects to him. Once it was done her god grandfather handed her the urn. 

"You should take your father with you, he'll be safer with you." He stated sincerely

Reina hugged the urn tightly. "T-Thank you grandfather...I...I'll take good care of father." She said before she bowed her head

"Come back to where you used to live for the mourning gathering. You can tell us everything there."

She nodded her head. "O...okay."

She then rode in the back of their car as she held onto the urn tightly. She refused to let it go, knowing that her fathers ashes were inside of it. Once they got to the house Reina opened the doors and they went inside. Reina saw that all of Kayla and his ex things were out of the house which made the house be rather empty. Reina explained everything while the others from the family set everything up. 

While Reina showed them around the place, Reina stopped as she saw in the room he would usually sleep in was a box with her name on it. Also on the box it said 'Do not open until your birthday'.

Reina was confused on what he had gotten her, but placed the urn beside it as she went to show the rest of the house to her grand parents. Once she was done, she ate and talked with the others from the family before she took the wrapped box and the urn to her apartment. She placed the urn up on top of the fire place before she left with the box in her hands. 

When she had gotten back to the dorms, she didn't talk to anyone when she got back inside of the dorms. She placed the box on the end of her bed as she went to take a shower. Once she got back into the room she sat on the bed and placed her arms and head on the package. She had no idea just what her god father got her for her birthday. But she was going to wait till her birthday to open it like he had asked her to. It just made her feel so anxious to know that he had actually gotten her something for her birthday.