[39]

[December 29th 10:15 am]

Masato was sitting in a chair with the laptop in front of him, once the cameras rolled at Ten fifteen on the dot he bowed his head with his hand on his heart. "Good morning everyone, Today it will be just me for now. I took the time to read over most of what was posted today and I am thankful that so many people have given me birthday wishes."

Off of camera only Ren was there-neither one of them had seen Reina that morning and was worried that she had stayed up too late...or early in the kitchen. Masato looked behind him to see Reina's hand-writing on the white board in a blue marker. In the spots where the first two days were, there was a happy birthday message from Reina.

'Happy birthday Hijirikawa Masato, may your day be filled with happiness and joy'

He knew that there must have been a reason behind it, but he didn't know what reason there was. He began his day as it was scheduled thanks to Reina's planning. All of the questions had to do with his birthday and what he was doing  that day which he answered honestly. Afterwards he had gotten up and he saw that there was a piano on the side of the room where the music sheets for the song Reina had written for him were sitting on top of.

"As Jinguji had said yesterday-the song that I will be presenting to you will be a song that Kato Reina had written and composed for me to do today. Neither one of us knew that she had the talent to do both, it was something that took both of us by surprise. So please enjoy the piece of music that she has composed for today."

He went to the piano and began to play it as he sang the lyrics for the song, the entire time he sang the song he had been worried that he hadn't seen her all day. It had now become one in the afternoon and she didn't once ever show herself outside of the camera's focus. Once he finished with the song he got up and bowed his head before he erased the first two things on the board that he had to do. 

He then introduced the three 'special guests' that would be playing three games with him on his birthday-Tokiya, Otoya and Reiji. When they had gotten on camera he looked at them sadly. "Have the three of you seen Kato today? She hasn't shown up once so far today."

"Nope and neither has Nanami." Otoya said shaking his head

Masato looked concerned but shook it off for now before the four of them played three games. During the second game dinner was given to them by Ranmaru and Ren, when Ren placed down Masato's dinner he whispered that he knew where Reina was and she refused to show herself due to her not feeling like she should be around him for his birthday since she was just a mere trainee. Hearing that Masato felt heart crushed that she had thought so low about herself.

Masato merely just nodded his head at Ren before he finished the second game and the third game with the trio that were special guests. After the games were placed away and the table was placed to the side Ren had to force Reina to push the cake she made into view of the camera as those from QUARTET NIGHT and STARISH sang happy birthday to him. Reina merely walked off not wanting to get hate for being around the boys. 

After Masato blew the candles out Ranmaru served out the cake as the others talked with Masato only for all of them to be silent as they ate the sweet cake that Reina made. The first to speak up was Reiji. "Reina really did a good job on this cake, I wonder how long it took her to make this."

"I saw her up around midnight in the kitchen, so probably all night if not a bit after that." Ren stated

"speaking of her, why the hell ain't she here. She should be here celebrating your birthday with you." Ranmaru said looking at Masato

Masato placed the plate down and sighed out "I believe it has to do with what she wrote down on the board. She made it be so it didn't involve her, after this I will be speaking with her about how she wrote things down for this event."

"You better, this is nonsense."

At that time Reina placed on a smaller cart presents that were wrapped for Masato and gently rolled it into view of the camera as it slid gently beside the birthday cake she had made. Masato saw what she had done and got up before he was quicker than her to grab onto her. He muted his mic as he held onto her arm tightly. "Why are you doing this? Why are you making yourself suffer like this?"

"You should be celebrating your birthday with those that aren't hated...I am. I don't want to get anymore hate for doing things for you. I don't want things to be repeated from yesterday." She said sadly

"At least stay to have what you made and for me to open what you got me Reina, please?"

She let out a sigh. "Fine, but afterwards I'm going back to where I was."

He nodded his head and the two of them got into view of the camera. Ren gave her a piece of the cake as she chose to sit by Ren and Ranmaru instead of beside Masato. She didn't want anyone to get any ideas even if they were together. Once she finished cake and she saw what Masato had opened that she had gotten for him as well as the others, she rolled both carts out of the way one at a time. She then took care of the dishes while the others played games together for the rest of the night. 

As it became midnight Masato said goodnight to everyone and he was quick to find Reina after the camera was off. He saw that she was still doing the dishes, he hugged her tightly from behind before he kissed her on the cheek softly. "I hate that you didn't stay for the remainder of the time I had on camera. Is it really that bad for me to have my girlfriend beside me?"

"No one outside of Shinning knows that we're together and the moment people know that we are it's going to blow up and people are going to hate me for being with you. I can only guess what people will say once they figure out that we're together." She said sadly as she turned the water off before she turned herself to look at him. "I wanted to be there beside you, don't get me wrong, but my fear of people hating me has made me not want to get close to you unless I have to."

Masato cupped her face softly in his hands before he kissed her on the lips. "If this happens again next year, I want you to be beside me throughout the entire day. You are my beautiful girlfriend and I'd like for you to spend the entire day with me next time alright?"

"A-Alright...I...I apologize Masato."

"I can forgive you this time, but next time I won't be so forgiving if you hide it from me. Which by the way why weren't you at breakfast this morning?"

"I didn't wake up until one, I had stayed up until four in the morning preparing your cake. I wanted to make sure that your birthday cake was good enough to be presentable in front of thousands of people."

Masato let out a sigh and wrapped his arms around her tightly making her go into his chest as he did so. "Thank you for what you've done Reina. It means a lot to me that you'd do what you have for me."

"Of course I would do so much for you, I know you'd actually be grateful of what I'd do."She said with a small smile

"Why don't you let me help you with the dishes so you can go to bed at a reasonable time tonight?"

She nodded her head. "O-Okay."

With Masato's help, she was able to get the dishes done twice as fast and he gave her company she didn't think she'd have. Both of them ended up going to bed at one thirty that night. 

Restless mind, Empty heart [Masato Hijirikawa Love story] Uta No Prince SamaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara